HTC Hero - no sound or vibrate for text notifications

Last Updated:

1. lisa.nicole802

lisa.nicole802 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey there! I have had my Hero for about a week (first Droid!). I am no longer getting sound or vibrate text or email notifications. I don't really care about the email notifications, but I need the sound and vibrate for texts! I have checked the forums and found several threads where downloading Sound Manager resolved the issue. It didn't work for me. I have also checked Settings> Sound & Display > Notification Sound. There is a tone selected. I tried a battery pull as well. Any advice anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Hi and welcome to Android Forums!

You should post this question in the Hero section of the forums. This is just the introduction section so many more people will see it if you post it there.

I hope you get answers to your questions.

Again, welcome!

lisa.nicole802 likes this.
  3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Welcome aboard!

Try opening the messaging app and hitting Menu>Settings and selecting a notification sound that way. You can also turn on vibrations through the menu that pops up. Keep in mind, that these settings are ONLY for SMS/MMS and not to be confused with the email notifications that you were accessing through the regular settings. :)

Let me know if you have more questions!

lisa.nicole802 likes this.
  4. lisa.nicole802

lisa.nicole802 Member This Topic's Starter

I was able to resolve the issue by installing Handcent. Thanks all for your help! :p