1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

HTC Hero not powering Up after Failed Upgradation to Andriod 2.1

1. Holysoul

Holysoul Member

Dear All,

I tried to upgrade my HTC Hero from Andriod 1.5 to 2.1 . Everything was OK but last moment Upgradation went failed and Handset automatically shutdown. I tried to powered it up but no fruitfull result. I checked the battery by inserting in some other handset, It was OK. Thats mean there is no issue with battery. Handset doesnt show charging indication while connected to charger. I also tried to power it up in safe mode by pressing combination of keys but no result.

Kindly suggest solutions to power up HTC Hero. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
    :
  2. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Welcome to Android Forums. My best suggestion for you would be to check into the sub forum for your device.. it is here: HTC Hero - Android Forums The people there use your device and will have the best insight and suggestions. Good luck and thanks for joining the forums.
  3. Holysoul

Holysoul Member

When I pressed HOME+POWER ON/END CALL button.........There is little vibration.....NO else

waiting for reply for some one.....Thanks
  4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Welcome to Android Forums!

Can you get you phone into fastboot mode by pressing and holding the back and power?

[​IMG]
  5. Holysoul

Holysoul Member

Tried to put in Fastboot mode but no result...........need further help
  6. lunatic59

If the phone will not go into fastboot or recovery mode, I don't think there's much you can do with it beyond sending it in to HTC for repair or replacement.
  7. Holysoul

Holysoul Member

Lunatic,

Thanks for your response...How we can put handset in recovery mode? Secondly when we pressed HOME+Power Buttons together, there is little vibration.............
  8. lunatic59

After you feel this vibration, try plugging the phone into your computer with a usb cable and see if the computer recognizes it. If it doesn't, then it appears that the phone is on but the screen isn't working. I don't know if that's a software addressable issue. If the screen has died, it needs to be replaced.

Recovery mode on the hero is done by removing the battery for a minute and then replace it.Hold the volume down key and press the power button.
  9. Holysoul

Holysoul Member

If I plug the USB Cable in the pc and pressed home+power button, there is no vibration and computer screen doesnt show any device plugin......Secondly i tried to get recovery mode but no response from handset....
  10. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

I just noticed that Holysoul posted this question in a two places: http://androidforums.com/sprint-her...p-after-failed-upgradation-andriod-2-1-a.html .

If he holds the volume down button and presses power, he can get into HBOOT and flash the Android 2.1 RUU .zip file, which does not require S-OFF. He would just have to press the trackball to apply it. It sort of sounds like his handset is bricked if he cannot even get into HBOOT. That is a shame.
  11. Holysoul

Holysoul Member

Thanks dear...

Waiting for someone else respone on my issue.......
  12. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

I think the response that you will get is that your handset probably needs to be replaced. You can find good deals on Craigslist and eBay and, additionally, be sure to find one with a clean ESN.

If you cannot get into HBOOT or recovery, there is not much you can do to fix it. It is either a software problem, also known as bricking, or your screen is toast.
  13. lunatic59

LBPHeretic is correct. Your phone needs to be repaired or replaced. There's little you can do if it won't turn on enough to access recovery.