htc hero on 3 can some one clear a few things up

Last Updated:

1. darkwave109

darkwave109 New Member This Topic's Starter

hey am new here and since im a linux fan i bought a htc hero lol
    oki 3 days ago i bought a htc hero on 3 pay as you go and i cant get a reciption basicly 1 bar or some times 2 bars than it disappears so basically i cant make a phone calls or emails.....ooh and as i write this i got a no service..i phoned three asking them and i got the usual crap they wont supplie the unlock code untill iv been with them for minimum of 6mths on pay as you wich peeves me off as iv got a contract sim card iv had with them for almost 4 years
    so iv got a few questions and i have tried to look up but im unsure where to start
    1. iv been told that android is now sitting at 2.0 firmware im stuck at 1.5
    2. iv looked around to unlock my phone but i get diff prices between

Advertisement
  2. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member

ok, unlocking the phone will cost around 15.00 using HTC Hero unlock codes and HTC Hero unlocking - select GSM network. ( i used it for my phone)

To update the software go here
    HTC Hero - ROM Upgrade for HTC Hero (3UK)
    scroll to the bottom, enter the phone serial number, and download the rom, run the rom (from the pc i think) and it will update your phone to the latest rom/firmware

if you unlock your phone, you can still upgrade your rom, as new ones are released, from the link above ^^, as when you unlock you phone your serial number will remain the same- at least i think thats what you mean when you say carrier block.

3 uk has a reputation for bad reception...but their payg is so damnn good lol - i purchased my hero for 200 pounds on ebay locked to t-mobile- unlocked it - and now use my 3 payg sim

3. WIBBLA

WIBBLA Member

Three are very clever with there network and seem to make there phones work how they want to, I have a HTC Hero and my friend has a HTC Hero to but on Pay as you go, Now i am on Contract and have been for 6 years he has had his HTC for 2 months and signal is poor, But put my sim in his phone and signal is full... Work that out i can't but seems like there Pay as you go service is not as good as there Contract, But we tried another sim that was on pay as you go but regular topped up for the last year and full signal everywhere... Seems like 3 have a clever system and know who is cheating...

Craig

4. darkwave109

darkwave109 New Member This Topic's Starter

See even with my contract I get a poor signal I asked three and they say its the phones software, iv had most phones from an iPhone to a e63 and each one had a poor signal....basicly if I wanna use my phone I gota go to my mothers to hook it up thru WiFi...im glad my contract ends in 2 days.....guees ill pay to unlock and go with a company where I can actualy make a basic phone call......cheers for the help guys