HTC Hero on MacBook Pro...

Last Updated:

1. stargate

stargate New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Androids, do anyone have know how of an app for useing the hero on a mac? Thanks for the support.

Advertisement
  2. chickenlump

chickenlump Member

Do you have a data plan or WiFi? If you do you don't need a specific app to use your hero on your mac since most of it can be done wirelessly.
    File transfers can be done like any mounted USB devices.

The only things that will require windows is the firmware upgrade stuff AFAIK. I have a mac and I have not required it to connect with my computer except to transfer files.

3. stargate

stargate New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply, I will check it out.

4. Blokie

Blokie New Member

To copy files to / from the device, just connect it via USB, mount the sd card from the phone, and then the drive appears as a disk on the Mac (as any USB stick would).

5. andretoscano

andretoscano Member

6. kentamayo

kentamayo Active Member

Been using the Beta for Missing Sync for a few days, it's definitely a must if you want to Sync up with your iCal and addressbook.

7. chickenlump

chickenlump Member

I've had missing sync for both my Palm and WM phone in the past, and I think they're great products.

That being said, I don't think it's useful for majority of android users. If you have a data plan or even WiFi, you can sync your phone directly with google accounts.

You can also have your iCal and Address book sync with your google account too, so everything will be updated.