Htc Hero on Orange

Last Updated:

1. Leelu1988

Leelu1988 Member This Topic's Starter

After being mucked about by Tmobile on my current contract I decided to go to Orange and find out all the information about their contract details for the HTC Hero.

After being throughly impressed with the knowledge of the advisor (tmobile knew nothing)
    I have decided to go with Orange, they are dispatching 1k Htc hero's across the Uk and are going to sale on Saturday.
    Knowing this i have already asked to have one put aside and my boyfriend and I will be queuing outside the Orange Shop at 8.30am just to get these phones we have been waiting for the past month.

The graphite looks very swish and grown up having seen a model.
    Tomorrow i shall be going in to see a working demo

Advertisement
  2. Leelu1988

Went into Orange today to have a play about with a working demo
    and they said it has been pushed back another week :(

3. Quboid

Quboid Well-Known Member

:(

I'm looking forwards to seeing reports of it "in the wild" as they say. I've got a nasty feeling when you turn up next week, you'll be told it's delayed again. I expect a mid-August release.

4. hondaguy

hondaguy Well-Known Member

If I ever get married again it will be to a girl that would line up to buy a cell phone!

Only the white one is teflon coated. If you get to see both colours can you please comment on feel and texture?

5. Leelu1988

From what the Orange guy told us (he knew everything about the phone) he thinks all phones should be coated.
    Tbh Htc would make a big mistake if they only covered the white on you have to buy.
    The model's chin which everyone has commented on really isnt as bad as it looks, i was rather surprised with it myself.

Quboid...please dont say that lol
    Ive never wanted a phone so much its actually boarding on insane now lol

6. hondaguy

hondaguy Well-Known Member

7. Leelu1988

Im guessing the only reason the white is coated is because the white would gets dirty alot quicker
    crossing my fingers it comes out this week
    x

8. phunni

phunni Member

I have it from an reliable insider source on Friday that Hero will be launched v. soon - a bit vague I know. I do think, however, from reaqding between the lines that it's probably going to be Monday or Tuesday this week...