HTC Hero or not?

Last Updated:

1. R2D

R2D New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm switching from prepaid service to Sprint's 69.99 unlimited plan. Now, at Radioshack, they have a deal going on where I can get a Hero for 69.99. Now I have some questions:

Is it worth getting the HTC Hero for such a cheap price or should I wait for one of the new sprint phones?

The HTC Hero is the phone I was originally thinking of getting all along, but with the N1 coming, I don't know what is best to do.

Advertisement
  2. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

If it was me i would wait and get one of the new phones.

3. mich0020

mich0020 Well-Known Member

I'd wait as well.

4. bucketheadmn

bucketheadmn Well-Known Member

I would wait for the new phones to come out and then purchase the Hero when it is discounted further. While yes the Hero will be a generation behind at that point it will still be a great phone and have 2.1 on it.

That is just me though - I refuse to pay the early adopter tax anymore.

5. OldRoman

OldRoman Well-Known Member

I just bought a Hero on the 15th (Monday) and now I see the N1 is coming to Sprint. I still have the unlocked version I used on T-Mobile before I dumped them due continuous 3G signal problems on the N1. It is a fantastic phone. I'm hoping it is in the store (Radio Shack) before my 30 days are up. If if it is I'm going to get one. If not the Hero is a great phone and I'll stick with it.

6. bucketheadmn

It is my understanding you can only purchase the N1 directly from Google. Is that going to change with the CDMA version?

7. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

Yes. That person who wants to go back to radio shack to get the N1 is SOL, because it will only be offered through Google.

To the OP, the Hero is a great phone, and thats a great price. Any other new phone release, after rebate, will be double that.

8. OldRoman

OldRoman Well-Known Member

I know the Verizon N1 will be available on the Google site. But from what I understand Sprint is not going to follow the T-mobile and Verizon model and have it only available from Google.

9. bucketheadmn

Not sure Sprint even has a choice. Pretty sure the only way that Google is going to offer the phone is direct at google.com/phone

If they have announced another way then I apologize, but I have not seen anything to the contrary yet.

10. dougiek

dougiek Member

Dont get a hero.

11. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise Well-Known Member

supersonic!

12. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

The Hero is a great phone and I would say get it for sure. But if you're the type that needs the best of the best then I guess you should wait. Just remember though, in a few months, something better will be out, so you won't have the best anymore anyways.

13. creglenn

creglenn Well-Known Member

The thing is HTC Sene is the issh. IDK if anyone has had a Moto Droid or nexus one but after playing with it for a bout 2 weeks you get the urge for something different and you start customizing and the main thing i see ppl use is htc sense widgets. Well the hero comes stock with this and htc sense is more than a few widgets. So when 2.1 comes out it is gonna speed up the hero and add what you see on the nexus one to the hero which makes it the best phone out software wise. Plus in the end software is what keeps you happy not a processor. The HTC supersonic is the only phone that will bash the hero cause it will have everything the hero has except it will be faster and have 2 LED Flash