HTc Hero Orange 3G or H Singal issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. mcmonkiez

mcmonkiez Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

for last few weeks 3G connection dropping calls as well on H

with GPRS is fine.

also when its on 3G and while i am on the phone talk to somebody...my calls are drop.....

where there is no 3G singal it should automatically move to GRPS (2G) but in my case the calls just get drop.

with O2 network when no 3G calls dont get drop and its switch to 2G autimatically and u still talking...

I also notice I have 3g singal but when i try to use internet and i have 3 bars but nothing is active in terms of using internet ....

anybody have similier issues?

Advertisement
  2. alanomaly

alanomaly New Member

Hi,

I have a similar problem with my HTC Hero on Orange. For me, H and 2G (G) work fine, but when it is connected by 3G, mobile internet doesn't work and it is very unreliable receiving or sending calls or messages.

Until I can find a fix, I use the option to "Use only 2G networks" (in Settings > Wireless Controls > Mobile Network Settings). This works but naturally is very slow for mobile internet.

It's interesting that this seems to be an Orange problem. Let us know if you find a solution, I'm going to keep looking.

3. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

You can try installing an app called Locale. It lets you set different settings based on your location (and maybe even signal quality via special plugin). You can set it up so that it turns 3G off when you're home (or wherever it is that you're having the 3G issues) and set the defaul setting to turn 3G back on when you leave that area.

I don't know if a signal quality plugin is available for Locale, but it could be something worth looking into as well.

4. pulsarman

pulsarman Well-Known Member

not just orange mate, been having similar problems on t-mobile too but now i forced 3G/H only, no 2G and it seems to be fine. only been a day since forcing 3G only so still keeping an eye on it.

5. Bhav

Bhav Well-Known Member

You should contact your network, explain the problem, and ask for a new sim card to see if that makes any difference. It's worth a try.

6. Boy Genius

Boy Genius Member

I had this problem and I think I've solved it by downgrading the ROM. Sounds silly I know, but it solves the problem of the phone struggling to boost the signal upto H from 3G, which I'm pretty sure is the main cause of the problem (possibly due to the fact that the processor is not quite fast enough to handle the switch, as phones like the Nexus One and Desire do not have this issue).

7. Boy Genius

Boy Genius Member

But first I went to Orange and they provided no help whatsoever! :(

8. rustynuts

rustynuts Well-Known Member

How did you go about doing this also with t mobile and can't be doing with all the hassle that goes with getting it changed

9. james

james Well-Known Member

I'm having problems with 3g as well, although HSPDA works fine. Only since I flashed Villain 5.5 though..

(Orange UK)

10. rustynuts

3g hasn't worked for me for as long as I can remeber same as a lot of t mobile customers : (

11. vard

vard Active Member

I'm having this problem - it's quite annoying. Why - does anyone know? Any definite solution? cheers

12. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Wait it out and/or complain to orange. I'm planning to give then a call and ask for compensation considering I've not been getting what I pay through the nose for.

13. Pedro

Pedro Member

i've been having similar problems, i am on orange and i randomly have times when i can't call out or send messages and equally have times when i don't receive calls or messages, seriously annoying! i haven't had a chance to call orange yet but i plan to!

if anyone finds or knows of a solution i'd love to hear it!

Cheers,

14. jamesstott

jamesstott New Member

I am getting similar problems with my Hero on Orange (dropped calls, internet not doing anything despite having 3G signal, texts not sending despite signal, getting messages telling me I have a missed call despite my phone not ringing to tell me I had a call).

I phoned orange and I was told that there wasn't a problem with anything, that my account only showed up a few dropped calls and this was acceptable as mobile phones do things like that sometimes, and their systems show there is excellent 2g and 3g coverage where I live.

And that was it. No suggestions on things to try and make the problem better. I obviously enjoy spending 30 minutes of my evening on hold to orange and their wonderful hold music to tell them about problems that I have made up.

I am now writing down when I get these problems and once I have a list of these I shall call them back.

James

15. rustynuts

16. speath

speath New Member

Thanks so much! I haven't been able to use the majority of my phones data functions because 3G was simply not working. This had been ongoing for months, and like many of you I had tried calling Orange who where completely useless!

Anyways, this completely fixed the problem & I can now browse Facebook at work!! haha.

Cheers