• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Hero - OSGi Management

Does anyone know what "OSGi Management" in -> settings -> applications means? You got this as well?

This is a wierd one. I don't see this at all in the menu you mention above.
Try a soft reset on your phone and see if it is still there. Also, see page (iv) in the owners manual. It is not there in the table.

If a reset does not clear it out, take the phone back to the dealer.

Good Luck --- ;)

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what it does but it was only on the Sprint Hero Advocate phones from what I know. The advocate phones also came with an older firmware version, I found an rom update tool online and used it to update the hero and it got rid of the OGSi software. The update puts the phone at the release version found on all the regular Heros version 1.29.651.1.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what it does but it was only on the Sprint Hero Advocate phones from what I know. The advocate phones also came with an older firmware version, I found an rom update tool online and used it to update the hero and it got rid of the OGSi software. The update puts the phone at the release version found on all the regular Heros version 1.29.651.1.

Do you still have that link? I have the old rom and need to update my phone. I am missing the ability to search Google with voice. Great to be the advocate I guess.

Upvote 0
No rooting required, the RUU should install it for you, it does completely wipe the device but it warns you several times. As far as I know it was only the Advocate phones that employees got before launch that has the older software, i suppose that it could have ended up on a few customer devices but it would seem strange. You might want to check with where you bought it. The Sprint service centers should also be able to do the update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones