HTC Hero Otterbox Defender? Bad news?

Last Updated:

1. Blitzpwnage

Blitzpwnage Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I want the defender but all I hear is bad news about it whats the deal? I am about to order one can you get them from retail stores.

Advertisement
  2. sonofarnold

sonofarnold Member

It's absolutely awesome except for the echo the person your talking to hears. But for the user its great. It's strong and looks sexy. It also is not slippery to hold on to.

3. merciers

merciers Active Member

I haven't had anyone tell me they heard an echo since I got mine. I really like the way it looks and feels in my hand, as sonofarnold said. I am not worried about dust or dropping my phone anymore.

4. jeremylobaugh

jeremylobaugh Well-Known Member

I have not had anybody complain of an echo while using the defender case. There is a foam-rubber gasket on my case that isolates the microphone from the case. Check to make sure yours is there, if it's missing, that may be the source of your trouble.

[​IMG]

5. sonofarnold

sonofarnold Member

yeah mine has that gasket on it, i am waiting for a response from otterbox CS. Tired of everyone saying "what the hell is with that echo". just wondering what volume do you have your incall volume at cause mine is almost maxed out, i know that might help a bit if it was alot lower.

6. jeremylobaugh

jeremylobaugh Well-Known Member

I typically keep mine around 50%. I spent quite a bit of time on my phone, today I changed the volume, covered the mic hole, and held it a variety of different ways.

Just curious, is the echo something people constantly complain about, or does it happen to change depending on your location?

7. EgeBamyasi

EgeBamyasi Well-Known Member

Mentioned this in another thread here but does anyone have Proximity Sensor installed? Culprit or preventer?

8. sonofarnold

sonofarnold Member

i got a response from otterbox, and it said turn the volume down to 6 or lower and see if that helps. i have not tested it much but my wife did notice it was gone when i had it at 50%. I usually have it almost maxxed out because i am on a construction site. So that would make sense why you didnt have a problem. so i guess i will just have to keep it low. thanks for all your help. Also i do not have the proximity sensor installed.

9. imiubu

imiubu Member

Is there a coupon code for meritline cause they aren't that cheap there.