HTC Hero personal ringtones, alarm sounds and notifications

Last Updated:

1. therossi

therossi New Member This Topic's Starter

Jan 12, 2010
    I am a new owner of the HTC Hero and I tried to customise the ringtones and alarm sounds by using the directions provided by lekky on the tread "HTC Hero: Tips, Tricks & Useful Apps" but unfortunately this did not work out for my Hero. My SD card appeared as DCIM and I had to rename it to SDcard and then on the MEDIA folder I added an AUDIO folder in which I added three separate files. One named ringtones, one named alarms and on named notifications as directions provided by thread. Then I added the appropriate .mp3 files to each folder while having the Hero plugged in with my PC.
    Could you please provide any help as I am a newbie in the Android world. Thank you

2. Hrochnick

Hrochnick Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    The DCIM folder is, or was, just the folder on the SD Card where the camera stores photos taken. You did not need to rename it and probably should put it back. The reason you cant see your ringtones, I think, is because you have created the folders INSIDE a folder called SDcard. Take them out of there, just have the audio folder next to the DCIM (no sdcard folder needed) and you should see everything okay.