HTC Hero Question

Last Updated: 2011-10-14 17:51:29
  1. Drakko3546

Drakko3546 New Member

I dropped my HTC hero into the pool and grabbing it just before water could leak in completely. I disassembled it and dried out the battery and phone. I don't think anything has really "broken down", but the water sticker is red. Now it's been a few months and I'm thinking about fixing it up to use as a wifi-only android. That's when I noticed that the batteries for the myTouch 4g and my Hero are similar shaped and similar in size. I think that only the battery broke because it's closer to the outside of the phone, instead of the inside. Could I use my myTouch's battery in the Hero? It's battery is still functional and working. I don't think it'll work though, but it's worth a try.

Advertisement
  2. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

I know for a fact that the Sprint HTC EVO 4G battery works in the Sprint HTC Hero. I do not believe that the T-Mobile HTC myTouch 4G battery works in the Sprint HTC Hero though.

Batteries for the Sprint HTC Hero are available relatively cheap online. I would just find a reputable seller and grab one from them.