HTC Hero Questions/Customization....MyTouch?

Last Updated:

1. HTCHERO117

HTCHERO117 New Member This Topic's Starter

So ok. heres the story. I had been wanting to upgrade my cell phone. I wanted a up to date smart phone. And when i saw the MyTouch Fender LE from T-Mobile...i said to myself "i gotta have it" (Im a huge music and guitar player) Well i live in a small town...and we dont have a T-Mobile carrier around here. (Our main carriers is our local, AT&T, Sprint) So i did everything i could i looked up T-moblies service for my area and it was in roaming. So i was so freaking bumbed. I emailed and called htc about it and yeah they didnt help much. So anyway. I looked around some more and saw the htc. Well the european i think is ugly but when i saw the sprint verison of the hero. I loved it. And i found that our local carrier carries the sprint verison of the hero. So! im gonna get it here soon...but i wanted to know somethings.

-The mytouch is suppose to be super customizable to make it YOU. Well will the htc be the same or more customizeable?

-(BIG QUESTION....)-I cant go without my music/music videos/media is the htc hero good for that? Does the htc hero support music videos such as i have on my computer? I thought i had read the hero suports MPEG-4?
    I know it supports mp3s. and also i use Itunes....(I know the htc phones use rhap. as there main music source) So will my itunes music be a problem. I have like 400 songs on the phoen i have now that i just draged and dropped on my micro sd....i also have my itunes lib on my windows media player songs and videos if they will help?

So if anyone can help me with this id love it. So thanks guys.

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

The Hero customization is only limited to what you can do. In regards to video/audio, you should be able to play most of them. If you run into a problem with a specific type then I would convert into a recognized format. You could also install third party media players as well.

3. agreenmartian

agreenmartian Member

The only problem I've had with playing music from the iTunes store are the older protected files sometimes don't show up in the player. I've got two songs I can see in my files but can't play.

4. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Always disliked DRM protection. It is my music now... you have to highlight the rest if you want to see....

I stripped DRM protection from those files. AAAAAWWWWW OMG