HTC Hero ringtone locatoin

Last Updated:

1. showbo

showbo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I am about to go crazy trying to find the location of the ringtones I downloaded. After I downloaded, if I were to set it right then and there, no big issue. But now I can't find the other ones so I can set them to certian people. Any help would be great, thanks!

Oscar

Advertisement
  2. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

Install 'Astro file manager' free from the market so you can access your SD Card from your phone, your ringtone downloads should be in the downloaded folder.

On the SD card, create folder /media/audio then add /alarms, /notifications, /ringtones within audio folder and copy your files into appropriate folder. Files placed in these folders show up in the appropriate selection menus (and are ignored by Music) You should then be able to see the tones that you want to use.

3. TLA

TLA New Member

Hi Ziani,
    I used ile manager and did as you sugested, but the new tones still do not show as a choice. I tried to copy and paste in the system /media/audio/ringtones, but it says acess denied outside the SD?? any ideas?

4. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

Create folders within the SD folder not outside because as you have seen you dont have access unless you are rooted.

5. Ian_C

Ian_C Active Member

I have rooted my phone, and I am trying to work out how I can put a downloaded tone, into the system/media/audio/ringtones folder.... any ideas ?

6. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

Why? You can just put them under:
    /sdcard/media/audio/ringtones

If you really want to put them under system I think you need to use adb push or a terminal emulator with su permissions as most file managers cannot get su permissions.

Plus by putting them in system you are using up valuable phone storage space.