Htc hero rogers help

Last Updated:

1. chinqz

chinqz New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everbody

This is my first post so please bear with me i am also new to android so im still learning all terms ( Root, Unroot, different roms, etc ) I recently got a Hero as a gift from my GF I absolutly love this phone but am running into a couple of issues:

1. I cant seem to get 3G network i can only get GPRS and EDGE i believe i used the right setting i copy the settings from this link

Rogers APN Configuration for Android Phones : ~Revo Fora~

I am able to go on and surf the web and recieve emails and all that stuff but surfing seems a little slugish compared to other phones ive used before ( BB, Iphone 3GS, Nokia ) i was wondering if there is a particular way i should set up the settings or is there an update i can download?

2. Before posting i went on HTC international too see if i can down load update but when i entered my S/N it tells me that its not compatible so i cant download i was wondering if there was a fix for this or another way around it.

My other issues i searched on the forum here and i found out that we, who live in canada, are pretty much S.O.L in terms of 1.6 or 2.0 os and paid app market :mad::mad::mad:

I have no Idea whether if this is a Euro Phone or a Telus unlocked Hero or not i was wondering if you guys can help me out with that also by just looking at the info below

here is my info

Provider: Rogers Canada
    Model Number: HTC HERO
    Firmware version: 1.5
    Baseband Version 63.18.55.06eu_6.35.06.18
    Kernel Version: 2.6.27-44690C1ahtc-kernel@and18-2
    Build Number: 2.73.707.9 146733 CL#62020 Release-key
    Softwar Version: 1.0.0.A6288

Thanks guys
    Android Rocks

Advertisement