Htc hero samsung galaxy s

Last Updated:

1. Trevandy

Trevandy New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone so I've heard that the htc hero will not get the froyo update I'm really disappointed about that only had it six months tho the good thing is I treated myself to the new samsung galaxy s which will get froyo this September and I think now samsung will take over to be the leader in the android Market well I won't pay for htc again after what they've done to hero users

Advertisement
  2. Xavion2004

Xavion2004 Well-Known Member

I feel your pain as a Hero owner (and future Epic owner) but honestly man...They sort of did us a favor not updating it to 2.2. The hardware just wont support it. I would rather they focus on new phones and keeping them up to date other than trying to squeeze every ounce of life out of a year old phone.

If the hero was to get an official 2.2 update it would probably run worse not better. Dont get me wrong I love my hero, but whatever perk we would have got from an official update you can head to your nearest XDA forum and flash a custom rom...and viola there you have it.

Then again if you are one of the ones that havent rooted then you were never gonna get the most out of your phone in the first place.

3. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

and welcome!

4. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

Hi & Welcome to the Android Forums - Cheers ;)