HTC HERO(SPRINT) flash to sprint

Last Updated:

1. dankoch

dankoch New Member This Topic's Starter

i found a hero on craigslist for cheap and its service provider is Appalichian wireless a small provider in eastern Ky.... i have sprint and want to know if i can change its software to work with sprint???

Advertisement
  2. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

I believe you should be able to just flash the RUU off of the Sprint site and it should work fine, I could be wrong though...

3. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

Hahaha! "HTC HERP" sounds like a personal health problem. :D

In all seriousness though, I think Joehunni is probably right about what he said. I would research it a bit more before pulling the trigger though! ;)

4. chawski

chawski Well-Known Member

just make sure you keep the case on while flashing the RUU...always wear protection. the herp is like a diamond....its forever haha

ok fine, i agree, this cow's been milked dry. i think you have the idea what you need to do haha

5. dankoch

oops didnt see my spelling mistake... but i tried to use the sprint ruu but my phone wont accept it.... it starts up like its goina work get half way though and stops with an error cant remember what it say to be exact but i cant make it work

also it is a program all to its self that sprint offers it doesnt use the htc sync could that be somthing todo with it?

6. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

I think I've heard just do it again look at this http://androidforums.com/.../123620-having-issues-running-ruu.html

7. dankoch

im not having any trouble with usb connection... well i did at first but found a way around it but what is happening is as its loading the RUU i get an error that says unable to load rom or w.e. ive not tried n a few hours and cant remember for sure

thanks for helping me

8. etbrandt

etbrandt Well-Known Member

Is the phone Sprint branded? If it isn't you have to do some potentially illegal things to get it to work most likely :p

9. LBPHeretic

You need to make sure HTC Sync is installed on your computer before you run the Android 2.1 RUU update. It installs the drivers and whatnot that will communicate with your handset.

I think this version of HTC Sync should work, although, I am not 100% sure of that because you are not running a Sprint handset to begin with: htcsync2.0.35.exe .

10. dankoch

kk ill try this tonight... the update i got from the htc website doesn't use the sync is what i dont understand its a program all to its self so i dont know if thats something to do with it or not but im just

11. LBPHeretic

Just make sure HTC Sync is installed first and then plug in your Sprint HTC Hero. If anything from HTC Sync pops up, just ignore it or close it.

Then you will run the update executable you got from the Sprint website. Try running it twice, if it does not work the first time.