HTC HERO (Sprint) microsd card questions (classes and supported I/O speeds)

Last Updated:

1. textbookpscyo

textbookpscyo Member This Topic's Starter

Hello All

I have seen a lot of debate in different places as to what speeds the HTC HERO will read and write at. Most recently I saw a posting someone had of an email from HTC stating that the I/O speeds are limited to that of a class 2 device. I have two questions:
    1) is can anyone else able confirm or refute that?
    2) are I/O speeds hardware or software limited? (By that I mean is it a software driver for the sd read that limits the read write speed or is it the actual hardware part that limits the read write speed)

I am curious about question two because if it is just software then it seems like HTC would be able to go in and change the driver code to allow read/write speeds up to class 6 devices.

Advertisement
  2. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

You need to post this on the Sprint forum.
    I would have thought..

3. textbookpscyo

textbookpscyo Member This Topic's Starter

Why, HTC is the manufacture of the phone not Sprint. I don't see why Sprint would have a say in how HTC develops microSD support. If any where I would think you would have suggested the HTC forums but my experience is they are not all that forth coming with information. I posted here because this was the HTC HERO section of the andriod forum and was reaching out to other owners if they knew anything.

4. wuthton

wuthton Well-Known Member

Obviously the write speed of a "good" class 6 card is much quicker.

Does the hero read it any quicker? Tricky to tell.

5. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

get a class 6 card and a class 2 card send 1gb to each and time the results, would that work ?