HTC Hero Stream music USB Car Radio

Last Updated:

1. Pimmos

Pimmos Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, I am now lately using bluetooth to stream music from my HTC Hero to my Car radio DEH-Pioneer-7100BT. I was wondering if its possible to connect the phone through USB to stream music to the radio. Bluetooth ocassionally breaks the sound sometimes wich can be annoying.

Advertisement
  2. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member

just a guess here...but is it because you are steaming the music thrugh 3G - so when you loose connected to 3g the song skips?

or mabye you have a slow sd carD?

3. Pimmos

It is using bluetooth no internet connections are involved. The song plays as it should, but sometimes it pauses for a very short instance and then it resumes wich probably has to do with bluetooth. The main question is if the HTC Hero supports being plugged via USB to to the car radio.

4. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member

5. Pimmos

Thanks for the reply. My apologizes for not being clear enough about the streaming thing ^^.

6. n0v

n0v Well-Known Member

Pimmos,

I have found if you turn off 3g, wifi etc. Use a task killer to close everything but the music app then you get a really good connection and only very occassional pause!

n0v

7. marchag42

marchag42 Member

Pimmos

I stream my Hero via bluetooth to my Nissan Connect car system. I just tried the USB connector and the Nissan system did not recognise the phone. There is also an option to connect via a 3.5mm jack plug, but I haven't got the right lead to try it. I guess you could try the USB lead with your system and it might work.

On the Bluetooth front, I did read somewhere that there is a bug with the Hero which causes music to slow, and I have found the occasional loss of streaming and slurring of tracks when using bluetooth.

8. Pimmos

For the moment I will use a taskkiller and disable wifi/3g. Meanwhile I might look for an audio jack. Thanks much for the replies!