HTC hero style clock on momentSupport

Last Updated:

1. baddubbin

baddubbin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I bought beautiful widgets yesterday for its hero style clock, but it killed my battery within 6 hours today. I was wondering if anyone had tried weather widget donate version on their moment and if drains the battery like beautiful widgets does? I don't want to pay for another widget if it is gonna kill my battery like this one.

Advertisement
  2. toiddroid

toiddroid New Member

Weather widget allows you to set a locked location to pull the weather for or do the location based piece. If you set it to locked location, then it does not drain the battery as bad. I do not know if the beautiful widgets one has an option like that.

Good Luck!

3. baddubbin

Beautiful widgets has the option to set a location rather than use gps. I have it set that way but still killed my battery in 6hrs with moderate use of the phone

4. Weeton

Weeton Active Member

i use the beautiful widgets with the weather/clock widget. i think this may be an issue with something on your phone. i've been using it since i bought the phone 2 weeks ago. after conditioning my battery, its been performing like a trooper: i can go nearly 24 hours with consistent use, and i've been trying to push for 30 + hours on light use, so we'll see how that goes. i don't use the gps mode, i use the zip code location.

5. cds36

cds36 Well-Known Member

I also havent had a problem with beautiful widgets, im getting well over a full days use on my moment

6. akenis

akenis Well-Known Member

I bought wx widget, but it takes forever to load. I like the combo retro date and time. Click on the date it goes to calendar. Click on the time it goes to alarm.

What happens when you click on beautiful widget?

7. acp

acp Well-Known Member

That's pretty good...how exactly did you condition it?

8. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

On BW, when you tap the clock it brings up the alarms, and when you tap the Sun/Moon you get a 3 day forcast.

To the OP. I dont see how the clock/weather widget could be draining your battery. Even if you use the geolocation, its only pulling once an hour at the fastest refresh rate, 4 at the slowest. I'd say it was something else if you are seeing significant battery drainage.

9. baddubbin

It's weird, its the only thing I can think of that changed. maybe it just didnt get a good charge last night. Generally I have 20-40% charge at the end of the night. I was at 5% after 6 hours today. I will do some more testing I guess.

Also with the newest updates to BW if you tap the date, google calendar comes up.

10. Weeton

Weeton Active Member

drain the battery to the point where if you try to turn it on, it will, but then shuts off immediately. charge the phone w/o turning it back on. once it 'caps' off, i switched it over to usb charge from my laptop and let it finish up there for about an hour or so.

i followed the guidelines from this threat:
    Possible Battery Quirk
    It's lengthy, but very informative.

11. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

My Moment is mostly stock, and I'm running the default weather.com widget. I charged my phone 2 nights ago, and it was going strong for 1.5 days with moderate use. I'm pretty happy with my phone.

I also use Task Killer to kill any apps I don't need, ie NFL Football (damn thing starts itself and runs so I have to kill it). I also keep my Moment pretty stock, which I feel helps with battery life.

12. baddubbin

I have no idea what I did yesterday, but I used the phone normal today and the battery is fine with beautiful widgets set to refresh every hour. Whatever it was that drained my battery yesterday was not beautiful widgets.

13. xiola

xiola Member

My battery died after a couple of hours. I have been jacking with it a lot today. I just got it last night. I have NO CLUE how to do anything on this phone. lol I have a lot of learning/reading to do.

14. remlle

remlle Member

I use beautiful widgets and it works great looks very close and has nice operation