htc hero sync gone bananas...


Last Updated:

  1. bern_viking

    bern_viking Active Member This Topic's Starter

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2010
    Messages:
    37
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello

    So, this happened last night:
    I was checking my contacts on my HTC Hero when I discovered that two were duplicates and with only parts of the contact information. So I deleted them on the phone.
    :confused:
    This morning I looked in my Outlook and saw that exactly these two contacts were missing from the PC.... strange.
    :confused::confused:
    I synced with HTC Sync and...

    The contacts DIDN'T sync to outlook. I still have them on my phone, but not on my PC.

    ???????:confused::mad::confused::mad:

    I tried to make small changes in the contact on the phone so that it wouldnt be a problem regarding "sync the newest version"...

    I have rebooted my Hero. I have synced again and again.

    The two contacts stay on the phone, but do not appear in Outlook.

    Three questions:

    -Anyone with a similar problem and maybe a workaround?

    -Must I assume that sync is also missing other contacts and events? That would be catastrophic for me

    -Is there another software or method for syncing via USB that works reliably? Indeed I am getting rather disgusted with the poor calendar (no week view, all events get notifications, etc) on the HTC Hero, so ideas and experiences are most welcome.

    Thanks and Cheers
     

    Advertisement
  2. Ziani

    Ziani Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2009
    Messages:
    836
    Likes Received:
    92
    As far as I know I think you can only sync from PC to Phone.

    You could always try google contacts, export contacts to google fro outlook then sync to phone, just a suggestion.

    I am sure there will be other to help you
     
  3. bern_viking

    bern_viking Active Member This Topic's Starter

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2010
    Messages:
    37
    Likes Received:
    0
    HI Ziani

    I hope that is not so and it does seem like it is synchronising both ways again.

    Apparently the problem was at the Outlook end, the contact disappeared and wouldn't appear on the visit-card list. But if I was logged on to the Exchange server and searched for it, the missing contact would appear after 2 minutes or so... but not in the contact list, only as search result...:confused:

    Anyhow, drag and dropped it to the contact list and it now (knocking on a whole lot of wood...) seems to work again correctly.:eek:

    Cheers
     

Share This Page

Loading...