HTC Hero - Syncing People with Facebook

Last Updated:

1. Fierybiscuits

Fierybiscuits Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 27, 2009
    I've had my HTC Hero for a couple of months and finally think I've got to grips with the majority of its features. One of the things I really liked when I originally set it up was the fact that my contacts in People would sync up with anyone it recognised as having a facebook account and therefore provided their profile picture and birthday info etc. However, a couple of weeks ago all these pictures suddenly disappeared and I've no idea why - I can still get onto facebook fine and my contacts all seem as they were except they're all pictureless and it's really starting to annoy me. Has anyone else experienced this or is there any setting I'm missing or something I've done wrong??

On a completely unrelated note (although I may well post this seperately), I've recenly downloaded Handcent SMS from the market as I'd read that this was a good alternative to the original messaging application, but I don't know how to set this as my default SMS app and to get rid of the original off my home screen. Can anyone help???

Many thanks :)

2. itsmoirob

itsmoirob Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    1) I think a few people have had similar problems to this and commented on this very forum. It might be worth doing a quick search and following topics that have already been created. You might even find a solution to the problem in those.

2) Never tried handcent but from my recollection chompsms had the option to turn to default sms in it's own settings, have you tried looking through all the menus within handcent?
    To get the built-in sms app off your phones screen just do what you would do to any app/shortcut. Put your finger on it for a few seconds and Remove appears at the bottom of the screen, just drag it there.
    Also I know that if you go in to your built in sms app, click to view all your messages and press Menu - Settings, when you scroll to the bottom of the few options you will see you can turn off the SMS notifications. This only effects the notifications of the built in sms app not all sms apps. This will stop you getting two notifications.
    So if you turned that off and removed it from your screen it will almost be like it was never on your phone.

According to the chompsms website faqs they advised to do the above, turn off built-in SMS app notifications like I've listed. That will prevent you getting two message notifications and make handcent "act" like default sms app