HTC Hero Trackball light issues

Last Updated:

1. ghettofabulous

ghettofabulous New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Guys

My HTC Hero is about 2 weeks old and is running pretty well, i suppose! But now the trackball light has stopped working, kinda...it only comes on when i receive mail, where as before it used to light up whenever i pressed a buton or moved the trackball..

i've rebooted my phone and also synced it with the latest update..im currently on build 2.73.61.5

anyone got any answers or tips? much appreciated...HTC Support have yet to get back to me on this one...

Advertisement
  2. sebsal

sebsal Well-Known Member

Mine has only ever lit up when I receive an SMS or Email. Has never lit up any other time.

I thought that was all it was meant to do?

3. wuthton

wuthton Well-Known Member

I don't recall mine ever lighting up with either button presses or by moving the trackball. It certainly doesn't now.

4. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

Same here, mine has never lit up except when receiving messages.

5. Fierybiscuits

Fierybiscuits Member

Nope, don't think mine's ever lit up at any other time either, just when I have a notfication of something. Although I sometimes have issues getting it to stop flashing at me.....

6. nuld2000

nuld2000 New Member

Mine has only ever lit on a notification also, but now i have a slightly different problem. Occasionally when it lights up on receipt of a text or email, sometimes it won't STOP lighting. I have read the email or text, but the only way to stop the trackball continuely lighting is to reboot!! Any ideas anyone???

7. kasl33

kasl33 Member

You all must not have the Sprint Hero. My trackball only lights up when I touch it. I have the LED light at the top of the phone for notifications...

8. sebsal

sebsal Well-Known Member

Try clearing notifications? Drag down the top bar on your home screen and select clear notifications

9. makfi78

makfi78 Active Member

Yep,first clear notifications,and second,if your trackball doesnt lit at all why dont you set it up in settings? Its all there...

10. tobiasbladh

tobiasbladh New Member

I have a european (swedish) Hero and my trackball only lights up with notifications (missed call, sms etc.). It has never lit when used or together with the other buttons.

I've also had the problem that the trackball only lit for sms and e-mail, but not for missed calls (even though all notifications were checked in settings). Had to do a reset of the phone to make it work ok again.

One thing I've noticed though, it seems that my trackball only flashes for some period of time when I've get notifications. So, if I for example miss a call in the morning and look at my Hero during lunch, the trackball doesn't flash no longer. Why is that?

11. makfi78

makfi78 Active Member

It's timw limited and theres no option to change that...
    If you need flashing trackball for sms I suggest you to use handscent instead of HTC messaging app. You can set up everything ,its highly customizable. Otherwise i dont know what else you can do :)

12. afonja

afonja Well-Known Member

Settings -> Sound & display -> Display Settings -> Notification Flash