HTC Hero txt message problem...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Peytonsmama22, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Peytonsmama22

Peytonsmama22 Member

Jul 24, 2010
    My sprint HTC hero for some reason will all the sudden stop allowing me to get txt messages and mine that i send dont seem to reach the phone im sending it to. It will stop working out of the blue and start back up. The only reason i know that it stops is because the person i am txting shows me that they never received a message from me and i never got one from them. My phone does not tell me i cant receive or send it just stops and i never know. When it starts working again it does not ever send the messages i didn't receive. Is anyone familiar with this issue?

Advertisement
  2. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    BAMF
    Texas
    Are you using the stock messaging app? I know there is a failure notification setting in this so if your messages don't get sent it should tell you, otherwise, I'd say the problem is on the other persons end.

3. Peytonsmama22

Peytonsmama22 Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Its not a problem on their phone because i tested it with other contacts i txt and i have no idea i use handcent if that helps?

4. MarkHirt

MarkHirt Guest

I used to use Handcent till I had the same problem, the stock app may not be as pretty but it works

5. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    BAMF
    Texas
    Well try using the stock app for a bit, if your sending fails you will get a notification saying so.

6. V425

V425 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Maryland
    Handcent also has a notification for sent message failures

Is your internal memory low? Because that can cause you to stop receiving texts/voicemails

7. jeremylobaugh

jeremylobaugh Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Ericsson contractor for Sprint - Switch Technician
    Erie, PA, USA
    If you're only using handcent for individualized notifications, try sms popup. It works great and has yet to cause me a problem

Tags: