HTC Hero (UK) - Can't use phone

Last Updated:

1. Lynswin

Lynswin New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi.

I am on the Vodafone Uk network and I just went to make a call and when I select the person to call, it appears to 'dial' the number and then I get a 'beep' as if it has dropped the call. Thought this was a bit odd so i tried calling my mobile number from my home phone and the same thing happens when I call my HTC Hero.

I have tried turning on and off and removing the battery and sim. If the phone is off and I phone it, instead of the beep I get the usual 'this persons phone is switched off'.

I was looking around in the settings earlier but I didn't think I had 'touched' anything but maybe I pressed something by mistake?
    I have had a look throught he settings and everything seems to be in order (not that I am an expert!!)

Can someone please help as at the moment I have a phone which won't work as a phone!!

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. phillevy

phillevy Well-Known Member

Sorry I can't help, but the same thing happened to my son's Desire (on Virgin) a few weeks ago - texting wouldn't work either and yet it showed a good signal. In the end it had to be replaced :(

3. Lynswin

Lynswin New Member This Topic's Starter

This has just randomly started working again now!!

4. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

Happens all the time on my orange hero.

5. The Stodfather

The Stodfather Member

Glad im not alone! i think its more a network issue than a phone fault.