• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Hero Unlimited Internet on T-Mobile?

It's definitely possible to reach 4GB (I thought T-Mobile's acceptable usage was 1GB, but I guess that may vary depending on your contract) but you'd probably have to be streaming video or music for a few hours a day.
I've just started monitoring my own daily data usage as part of a feature for my blog. I downloaded a free app called NetSentry which does a pretty good job of keeping track of how much data you download. Give it a try and see how much your average usage is.
For what it's worth, 4GB is a great figure to have as your limit, Orange and Vodafone UK limit it to 500MB I think.

Upvote 0
From what I understand, their fair usage policy doesn't cut off your internet when you hit the cap, but instead just slow it down to a crawl. I could be wrong on this though.

As for the original question, 4GB would be difficult to reach if all you're doing is browsing the web. If you're streaming music over Pandora continuously or watching a lot of streaming video (YouTube and the like), then it could be possible to reach 4GB in just a few days. It really depends on your usage tendencies. Best thing to do is to get a bandwidth monitor like NetSentry or 3G Watchdog to get an idea of how much bandwidth you use with your general browsing patterns.

Upvote 0
From what I understand, their fair usage policy doesn't cut off your internet when you hit the cap, but instead just slow it down to a crawl. I could be wrong on this though.

As for the original question, 4GB would be difficult to reach if all you're doing is browsing the web. If you're streaming music over Pandora continuously or watching a lot of streaming video (YouTube and the like), then it could be possible to reach 4GB in just a few days. It really depends on your usage tendencies. Best thing to do is to get a bandwidth monitor like NetSentry or 3G Watchdog to get an idea of how much bandwidth you use with your general browsing patterns.
Oh, I see...thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones