HTC Hero VERY HOT

Last Updated:

1. showbo

showbo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else have this problem? I have tried to battery work around etc. but when my phone is in low power state mode, the battery/back of the phone gets really REALLY hot. WTH could that be?

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

Something's gotta be running heavily during that time. Download Spare Parts from the market and use it to see what's been running.

I'm guessing you're not getting very good battery life?

Also, how's your awake time? Menu > Settings > About Phone > Status

3. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

While we're on the subject, what's a max temp before I should be worried? While in the car streaming Pandora and having it charging I've seen the battery get to 107 f. It's still touchable at that point, just wondering when to worry.

4. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

107 F is nothing to be worried about that is just "warm" but 107 C is pretty close to breaking point for some batteries/chips, i think the droid goes 115 C until it stops recording temp because at that point it really doesnt matter how hot it is... it is TOO hot

5. DanielWalker

DanielWalker Well-Known Member

mine always gets hot when i'm running ebuddy, i just make sure not to put it into my pocket so it doesn't get too much hotter. I think the warmest I have ever seen it get is around 103 F.

I've also noticed that as soon as I unplug my phone from charging all night my battery meter (battery life) drops to 99% within minutes. I think the battery life is the only thing I dislike about my phone but the over all operations surely blow the battery issue away.

6. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

7. showbo

showbo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Downloaded Spare Parts, doesn't tell me much really. Battery life not very good is an understatement. Battery life hits 70ish% after 2 hours, and thats me not even using it.

I downloaded the Handcent, I like that program, but for some reason, my default messagae still pops up the notifications, and I cannot figure out how to stop it from running at all, so thats bugging me.

I have bluetooth, wifi, gps, network, all turned off, still crappy battery life.

Love hate relationship right now, I love the Hero, its my fir android phone, I freaking hate the battery life. My old Razr 2 had crappy battery life, and I was at least expecting the Hero to be slightly better, 6-9 hours of useage time is not really ideal for myself and my job.

I don't even listen to Slacker radio or pandora no more, because I can't risk it dying on me. Weak man.

Oscar

8. revtime

revtime Well-Known Member

Go into your applications and force close Navigation, peep, stocks, and any other apps your not using on a regular basis. These apps start running after a reboot and I have to go in after a reboot and shut them all down. My battery life sucks if I don.t do this. Once they are staying closed I turn on my mobile, GPS, wifi, and bluetooth only as needed.