• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Hero Virtual Keyboard on Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using the one on my Moment now. Works hella better than the stock one. Love it, only problem is I can't calibrate. It just fc's. Help?

FIXED

I just read into it a little further and found that a fix for it was available. I just downloaded the Clicker.apk file. Works like a charm. Android forums rock. Users who start to freak very easily... (me)... not so 'rockin'.

--Update--
Scoping out how it works. It's working fine with everything except my favorite app. Handcent SMS. It works only in portrait mode.

UPDATE
Good lord this thing is finicky.... now it's working fine with everything. Bleh, still love it. Would recommend a d/l.

Upvote 0
I'm using the one on my Moment now. Works hella better than the stock one. Love it, only problem is I can't calibrate. It just fc's. Help?

FIXED

I just read into it a little further and found that a fix for it was available. I just downloaded the Clicker.apk file. Works like a charm. Android forums rock. Users who start to freak very easily... (me)... not so 'rockin'.

--Update--
Scoping out how it works. It's working fine with everything except my favorite app. Handcent SMS. It works only in portrait mode.

UPDATE
Good lord this thing is finicky.... now it's working fine with everything. Bleh, still love it. Would recommend a d/l.
what it the link to the Clicker.apk file?

Upvote 0
what it the link to the Clicker.apk file?

Sorry for the delayed response on this one, I work on weekends and didn't have time to post. **LINK REMOVED BY MOD** That will guide you to his post, as it's a decent way into the 3rd page of the thread. Just download the last file he posts and install it just like you did with the keyboard. Works like a charm.

MOD EDIT: The HTC Keyboard is property of HTC, installling it on unathorised devices is illegal. Links to the the files are not allowed on this forum

Upvote 0
Sorry for the delayed response on this one, I work on weekends and didn't have time to post. Click here. Then after the page loads, press Control + F to open the search in the browser and type deckard67. That will guide you to his post, as it's a decent way into the 3rd page of the thread. Just download the last file he posts and install it just like you did with the keyboard. Works like a charm.

update, downloaded but it would not work as a zip file, so I changed it from clicker.zip to clicker.apk and it worked fine. thanks again

Upvote 0
I did a google search for clicker.apk and came up with this **LINK REMOVED BY MOD** It installed just like the other file did it does work. It was listed as "clicker" in the appmanager. However, when I go to do the calibration, the program still force closes. :-(

MOD EDIT: The HTC Keyboard is property of HTC, installling it on unathorised devices is illegal. Links to the the files are not allowed on this forum

Upvote 0
I did a google search for clicker.apk and came up with this **LINK REMOVED BY MOD** It installed just like the other file did it does work. It was listed as "clicker" in the appmanager. However, when I go to do the calibration, the program still force closes. :-(

ahh cool thought i was the only one not able to get calibration working

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones