HTC Hero vs Moto CLIQ... phew!

Last Updated:

1. effextc

effextc Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 22, 2009

Wow! I was worried for a sec! I was doing some searching to see if any new news was released about the HTC Hero when I came across a site listing the top upcoming phones. The HTC Hero was number #1!!! I as stoked! I pre ordered it the first day I could! I even gave up my old iPhone early so I could get that thing as soon as it came out! So, I've sacrificed having a phone for 2 weeks so I could get the HTC Hero on release day.

Anyways.... the Moto CLIQ was on the list. I didn't realize that it was to be released a week after the Hero. I was concerned that it may actually be better than the Hero. I started to do a bunch of Hero VS CLIQ Googles and man am I glad!

IMO, the CLIQ is horrible vs the Hero!! The UI is pretty well established for you. All the social networking stuff forced to you, especially on the home screen. The Hero seems sooooo much more customizable. Kind of like "Here's the phone and how we set it up, but PLEASE feel free to do what you want!" I didn't get the same feeling from the CLIQ.

The hardware all seemed about equal aside from the keyboard on the CLIQ. But I think I would definitely take Sense UI over MOTOBLUR. I know Motorola and Nokia were some of the pioneers in this field but, HTC has really taken the lead with new devices. The majority of HTC phones seems to be blurring the line between phone/PDA/laptop. The HTC Hero seems much more advanced and the Moto seems to be more general consumer (like the iPhone).

So all in all, I'm still excited as all get out! I can't wait for Oct 11th! I get off at 8AM so I may just stop by Best Buy on the way home and sit out side to try and get mine right off the bat.

2. xiaojxiao

xiaojxiao Member

Sep 8, 2009
    I will choose HERO over CLIQ because the CLIQ's style is not cool enough...