• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Hero vs. Motorola Droid.

Elpelco

Nov 13, 2009
UK
I was just wondering if anyone has had a chance to compare? It's not out in the UK, ay least not yet. For some reason all the people I know seem to either have iphones or dumbphones.

So yes, how does it compare to the Hero? Is it prettier, is the UI better or worse, is it faster, how's the camera? Things like that. I know it has the cool HAL startup thingie which looks GREAT but that's as far as my knowledge goes.

oh yes and I know it's got Android 2.0 :D

The Droid does have 2.0, but so will the Hero very soon (with Sense UI added in).

The only thing I would say about the keyboard debate is that I had a Touch Pro for 18 months (great phone BTW) and I was really worried switching to the Hero that I would miss the hardware keyboard, as I found it so useful when I had it. As it turns out, I don't miss it at all. The auto correct HTC has added to thier keyboard is so awesome that I don't notice any differance when typing.

Upvote 0
The Droid does have 2.0, but so will the Hero very soon (with Sense UI added in).

The only thing I would say about the keyboard debate is that I had a Touch Pro for 18 months (great phone BTW) and I was really worried switching to the Hero that I would miss the hardware keyboard, as I found it so useful when I had it. As it turns out, I don't miss it at all. The auto correct HTC has added to thier keyboard is so awesome that I don't notice any differance when typing.

Really? I must have fat fingers...

Upvote 0
It's not necessarily a matter of which is best, it's a matter of which is best for you. Some people absolutely must have a physical keyboard, whereas i, personally, dont see the need, and so would rather have a thinner/faster/cheaper/longer battery life phone (delete as applicable).

That's the good thing about android - you actually get a *choice*.

Upvote 0
It does Andy, you have to hold it on its side and after a few seconds the screen dims and you get the Landscape Keyboard.
It does take a few seconds though but well worth it with my
Packet of Pork Sausage Fingers. :)

Peace,
Andrew.

Sorry but I find the keyboard on the hero is rubbish especially if your trying to do a Google search.

Why won't it let you type in landscape mode?.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones