HTC Hero vs. Sanyo Zio?

Last Updated:

1. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Which one's better?!

Is it faster/more responsive than the Hero? Does the Zio support live wallpapers?

I really like the hardware of this phone, they way it looks, but I really, really like the Hero's HTC Sense! That's sort of unique about HTC phones, while they rest of phones, even from different manufacturers, their software pretty much look the same? Specially weather animations!!!

It kinda sucks that the Zio doesn't have dual camera function, nor does it have flash!

I don't have a Sprint Store near me, so I can't really go check out the phones. What do you think?

Advertisement
  2. jen8112

jen8112 Well-Known Member

When are you getting a new phone? Of these two I'd have to say the Hero just for Sense. I have an upgrade in Nov but waiting for an HTC I like. Maybe the Hero 2 soon?

3. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

I played with the Zio recently and gotta say it's pretty nice. The screen is bigger and looks damn good, the only things I don't like about the phone are the overall look of the hardware (Sanyo....)

4. Lozer_Kid

@jen8112, I still got a long wait til my renewal, but Sprint keeps coming up with phones I actually don't really like, so, by the time I get my renewal, I might end up getting the Zio, who knows.

@joehunni, I thought the hardware looked fine, but I haven't really had the chance to actually have it in my hands! haha

5. jen8112

If you have a long wait til your upgrade they probably won't even offer the Hero by then. ;) I say sit tight! :)

Wait, don't you already have the Hero?

6. Lozer_Kid

I already have the Hero, and it used to be fine, but lately it's been getting kinda slow and it's getting annoying... I know that there's an alternative to that like rooting, but I don't wanna risk it, even though I keep hearing that it's super easy... plus I already downloaded the latest update to my phone which that pretty much blocks rooting and I don't want to get the EVO, since it's a pretty big phone! I want something like the EVO, but smaller! I would be okay with something like the incredible but with Sprint!

7. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Well-Known Member

Switch to AT&T and get the Aria..... Bad ass phone
    And its Tiny - if thats what ur into :D

8. MahaloCat

lozer also - Try Downloading - Quick System Info PRO (free)

Has a Cache Cleaner widget that should help speed up your phone.

9. jen8112

That is exactly what I am looking for! HTC, keyboardless and smaller than the EVO with no 4g. The Incredible would be perfect! (I'd even go with the ARIA, that phone is adorable!) ;) Like I said my upgrade is in Nov so I'm just gonna sit tight and wait. :)

10. chawski

chawski Well-Known Member

if i were in the market for a new phone now, id say the sammy transform would have my vote. i played with one the other day and it was pretty damn nice. I dont like the slide out keyboard, but the phone is thin enough that its not even a big deal

11. Lozer_Kid

I actually like the Aria phone! I mean, as long as is fast and not laggy! :p I downloaded Quick System Info and that helps a lot! Thanks for that!

12. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

i have the hero.. want a bigger screen.
    .3.5 vs 3.2 on zio and transform.. not a big change. The mem and cpu is not much of an upgrade either!

I am looking for a 3.7" or bigger.. no 4G (maybe); because i am not sure i want to pay for the extra premium service.

13. Lozer_Kid

The Zio only has 600 megahertz.. I guess, there not much difference from the hero, def not worth extending your contract for two more yrs! lol

14. Taterus Maximus

Taterus Maximus Well-Known Member

According to engadget and some other sites the LG Optimus S should be coming out at the end of the month, 50 bucks after rebates.

15. Lozer_Kid

yeah, but I dont see the LG being any better than the current android phones!

16. texas83

texas83 Well-Known Member

I hated the hero when i got it from sprint just b/c the OS was so slow. After rooting and updating the rom, its AWESOME. superfast, tiny phone, and aethetically pleasing. If you want to keep the sense IU, use launcherpro home like i do, its great!

17. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure the Super One Click Root Program can root your Sprint HTC Hero even if you have installed the latest (.7) update: [APP]SuperOneClick v1.5.5 (Root, Unroot, Enable Non-Market App, Get UNLOCK code) - xda-developers .

Give that a try and see if you still feel like a new handset. I think I might just go with the AOSP Android 2.2 ROM that appeared a month or two ago.

18. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

19. MahaloCat

ALSO - Z4root - a pears to work on the .7 Update of the herep
    Can be downloaded on the market and is a one touch...root/unroot

20. Lozer_Kid

Okay, so I downloaded this, and I don't know if I'm rooted or not. How do I know that? Everytime I tried rooting, at the end, this app kept foreclosing, so I don't know if it finished rooting or not. There's a superuser app installed on my phone and I tried to uninstall some default apps, but it keeps telling me unsuccessful. I don't know... I'm so confused... bahh and a bit frustrated...! :confused:

21. jen8112

If you have an app called "Super User" then you are rooted. :)

22. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Now I really know you need rehab, when you have a new LG and still wondering in the Hero forums, LOL :D

23. jen8112

Lmao! I'm invested in this forum! Now my goal is to get the Hero users to the Optimus! Whaahaha! ;) I check the Knight forum regularly too. ;)

24. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

You and me both, looks like it will be what we need, lets hope they do come out with it, you know Sprint, lol :D

25. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

Optimus is not worth another 2 year contract, imo. The Knight? Possibly:)