HTC Hero vs. Sprint HTC Hero

Last Updated:

1. abourne

abourne Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 3, 2009
    I'm relatively new to the forums. I just read in the sticky that

HTC Hero - for GSM networks

Sprint HTC Hero - for CDMA Network

I'm in the Sprint CDMA category. However, up until now, I've been asking most of my general HTC Hero questions in the HTC Hero forum. My feeling was (prior to reading the Sticky) was that Sprint HTC Hero was more Sprint network specific and that I might get a wider audience in the HTC Hero forum.

Interestingly, I've been watching the "HTC Hero" videos at and Rob mentioned in one of the Sprint HTC videos that he wasn't going to go over the basics because the operating software is the same as the GSM phone and their both using Android 1.5 I believe. So, if that's the case, I assume there's probably going to be quite a bit of possible overlap in the two forums. It also seems that most of my general questions, comments, and tips, apply to the Hero specifically and not necessarily the network or CDMA vs. GSM.

So, moving forward, I suppose I should post all my questions, comments, etc. in this CDMA forum.

I just posted this question:

in the HTC Hero - GSM forum?

but again, it appears that this question in particular may apply to all HTC Hero users.

Here are some other threads I started in the GSM forum:

So, my overall summary here, or question perhaps, is how should be deal with such questions that don't discriminate between CDMA and GSM?

Also, perhaps the title of the HTC Hero forum should be renamed to:

HTC Hero - GSM

and this one to

Sprint HTC Hero - CDMA

My two cents.

2. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009