Htc Hero Wifi Calling

Last Updated:

1. zachb90

zachb90 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi I have some questions concerning the htc hero. I have no cell coverage were I am at but I have wifi. The service provider that I am using is sprints network. How do I get all of my calls and texts through my wireless router (wifi) at home without cell service? (The roaming towers here have low if no cell strength at all.) I have wifi only enabled and cell network is turned off. There has got to be a way that I can do this. I kno sprint has a 3g adapter that interfaces with the router to the phone, but I dont want to go that way. An app on a wifi phone doing basically the same thing would be nice and less expensive (without any add Hardware.) Any help or ideas?

Advertisement
  2. funmonk01

funmonk01 Member

Maybe google voice or a voip app

3. funmonk01

funmonk01 Member

Check to see if an app like fring is available and you could use skype with your own skype number

4. zachb90

Google voice like app would be an idea. I need my cdma sprint cellphone service with my number with texting routed through wifi. How can we do this without going through another voip provider? A voip provider would be diffrent routing and phone numbers to the same phone. I dobt want to do that if possible. I actully need the cdma service over wifi using the phone(wifi) and router (wifi) without add hardware.

5. zachb90

I tried google voice and it does work over wifi. (Only the call initialization process.) It has to use the cell netowrk to use google's access number. Which defeats the whole purpose on using this over wifi. I figured out you have to have some type of voip or sip provider to completey wire this phone to wifi only. Theses sip providers and servers are costly. There has to be a way to carrys sprints service to the htc hero (wifi) with no sprint service area available in the first place. What can we do to figure out this problem? Anybody up to writing an application that does this? It was save money plus allow the service to be anywhere no service area is available. Brilliance in my opinion. Any ideas?