HTC Hero with CoPilot Live GPS issue?Support

Last Updated:

1. Andyuk200523

Andyuk200523 Member This Topic's Starter

Got my HTC Hero (well, G2 the other day) and have just gone on a lengthy journey to Newcastle from Ipswich, thought it would be a good test of CoPilot, after about 1 hour, the GPS signal died and didn't reconnect for about 30 minutes, this happened twice on the journey.

Was this just co-incidence that the signal dropped, or is this an issue with the handset or CoPilot? anyone had this happen?

btw, running standard HTC Hero on the 1.5 firmware on T-Mobile.

Thanks

Andy

Advertisement
  2. Baggieboy

Baggieboy Member

Happens to me too from time to time, it's very annoying. I usually run GPS Status app when this happens it it shows that GPS is working normally. I assume the problem is with CoPilot itself.

3. gabbro

gabbro New Member

same problem for me :mad:
    HTC Hero 1.5; France

4. skimminstones

skimminstones Well-Known Member

I posted this in another copilot thread but i had the same issue with copilot. It would lose gps signal after 30 mins or so of use.

Ive since downloaded McGuider and been using it a lot and its yet to lose signal on me once so far so i dont believe it to be a hardware issue.

5. pdegroote

pdegroote New Member

I have a samsung galaxy, android 1.5 and the copilot I bought and installed has the same problem. It works ok anywhere in between 15 to 90 minutes and then loses the signal. Other gps-programs run flawlessly for extended periods of time. Exiting and restarting the program makes it use the GPS again. Fact that this happens is most annoying...

I must admit to being (very) disappointed with the Copilot software. It is all but user-friendly, recalculates the route often (making it stop the screen-updates). In short, it is not worth the money spent on it.

6. capuman

capuman Well-Known Member

where did you get this from, i just did a search in market and it cant find anything called mcguider..

7. skimminstones

skimminstones Well-Known Member

8. ncddcn

ncddcn Member

Same problem for me. Advice from CoPilot is just to re-install. I'm going to wait for 2.1 firmware before trying this. It would be useful to know if any 2.1 Android users have this problem.
    I'll pass link to this thread to CoPilot showing I'm not the only one with this problem!

9. bd528

bd528 Member

My Hero with Co-pilot works flawlessly, and I use it daily in Ipswich :)

10. ncddcn

ncddcn Member

That is interesting but is it running for over an hour/90 mins at a time though?