• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Hero with CoPilot Live GPS issue?

Got my HTC Hero (well, G2 the other day) and have just gone on a lengthy journey to Newcastle from Ipswich, thought it would be a good test of CoPilot, after about 1 hour, the GPS signal died and didn't reconnect for about 30 minutes, this happened twice on the journey.

Was this just co-incidence that the signal dropped, or is this an issue with the handset or CoPilot? anyone had this happen?

btw, running standard HTC Hero on the 1.5 firmware on T-Mobile.

Thanks

Andy

I have a samsung galaxy, android 1.5 and the copilot I bought and installed has the same problem. It works ok anywhere in between 15 to 90 minutes and then loses the signal. Other gps-programs run flawlessly for extended periods of time. Exiting and restarting the program makes it use the GPS again. Fact that this happens is most annoying...

I must admit to being (very) disappointed with the Copilot software. It is all but user-friendly, recalculates the route often (making it stop the screen-updates). In short, it is not worth the money spent on it.

Upvote 0
I posted this in another copilot thread but i had the same issue with copilot. It would lose gps signal after 30 mins or so of use.

Ive since downloaded McGuider and been using it a lot and its yet to lose signal on me once so far so i dont believe it to be a hardware issue.

where did you get this from, i just did a search in market and it cant find anything called mcguider..

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones