HTC Hero

Last Updated:

1. Forcefed

Forcefed Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello Everyone,

Just got my HTC Hero from Telus. What an amazing phone. Was debating between the Hero and the Storm 2. No regrets so far. I have a few questions

1- Blackberrys reputation is built on security thats why the phone is used by many Enterprises. My question is, is the Android platform safe, ie can I do my banking and other transactions on my phone??? or is it easily hackable??

2- Can someone recommend a place or a website to get my Hero unlocked(a place that has been tried and works)?

3- On the iphone is you unlock it and the nApple releases an new software version if you go ahead and update your phone on iTunes it will get bricked. So will the Android act the same, if I unlock my phone and then 2.0 get released, will updating my phone can lead to bricking my phone?????

4- I keep seeing HTC Sync for PC, anything similar for a Macbook. Where can i find the HTC sync so that i can install it on my Macbook?

I appreciate your time and help.
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. G8D

G8D Well-Known Member

It is safe.

I dunno about unlocking.

It will NOT relock, these phones are not made by Apple and so are unlocked officially by the carrier.

I don't think so, sorry.

3. Forcefed

Forcefed Active Member This Topic's Starter

other questions
    1- every now and then the browser will not load any web page, what i get is access is forbidden, the only way to get it to work again is to do a soft reset(turn phone off pull out battery for 10 sec then install and turn on again).

2- day one of owning the phone on Google Maps when i clicked the magnifying glass(the locate me one not the zoom) the map located where i was and zoomed down to my location. For the last 3-4 days now it will say trying to locate your area, then this message disappears a few seconds later another message appears saying temporarily cant locate your position.

Any ideas as to why this is happening.

thanks