• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Inc 2: Not getting any emails

futterbly79

Lurker
Jul 10, 2012
I have an HTC Incredible 2. I use the stock email app. My email is a hotmail account. I almost never get my emails thru this app. It seems like maybe once every few weeks my phone will suddenly show email notifications, but I almost always have to go into my email account thru the browser to see my emails. I've had this phone almost a year and other than when I first got this phone it's always behaved this way.

I have a friend who also has a droid phone. Not an HTC or an incredible, but a droid. He has the same issue. He uses the gmail app and has 2 email accounts set up and he only gets notifications for one email and it's about as dependable as mine.

Any ideas to fix this? I've signed out and signed back in. Deleted the email account and readded it. I've checked all my setting. I've re-booted. I'm out of ideas.

I have an HTC Incredible 2. I use the stock email app. My email is a hotmail account. I almost never get my emails thru this app. It seems like maybe once every few weeks my phone will suddenly show email notifications, but I almost always have to go into my email account thru the browser to see my emails. I've had this phone almost a year and other than when I first got this phone it's always behaved this way.

I have a friend who also has a droid phone. Not an HTC or an incredible, but a droid. He has the same issue. He uses the gmail app and has 2 email accounts set up and he only gets notifications for one email and it's about as dependable as mine.

Any ideas to fix this? I've signed out and signed back in. Deleted the email account and readded it. I've checked all my setting. I've re-booted. I'm out of ideas.
I have had similar problems. The first approach is to ensure you have the correct POP and SMTP addresses (and account name and password) to connect. If not sure, delete and reinstall accounts on phone. I have done this and it does not work. Try a power recycle on phone. Worst case is to do factory reset and retry again. It's a complete pain but it has worked for me each time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones