HTC Inc.: Screen won't wake when I want to hang up...?Support

Last Updated:

1. bluewaterpig

bluewaterpig Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have the HTC Incredible.

Sometimes when I want to hang up a call I can't get my screen to wake. Does it really sleep in the middle of a call? I feel like I should just be able to touch it and it should give me the hang up option.

Sometimes it responds nicely by lighting back up when I tilt the phone away from my ear and then I can press the hang up button, but other times I have the problem that I just described...

Any help?

Advertisement
  2. RoyHobbs

RoyHobbs Member

Sounds like your proximity sensor is acting up. The sensor makes your screen turn off when the phone is close to your ear, and then turn on when the phone is moved away.

Do you have your phone in a case that is possibly covering it up?

3. bluewaterpig

Where's the sensor? I have a pretty standard case...

4. silverrocket

silverrocket Member

the sensor is gunna be near the earpiece maybe your blocking it with your hand hen you pull away from your face my friend always did that and said he couldnt understand why the phone was not turning back on and i saw his hand was infront of the phone as soon as he took it away from his face

5. bluewaterpig

I realized the only time this problem occurs is when I use the speaker phone. Obviously it won't light back up because I'm not holding the phone to my ear like a normal call.

I did, however, find that pushing the optical joystick will light the phone up while it's on speaker.