HTC Incredible 2.2 BUGS?!Support

Last Updated:

1. Christopherc321

Christopherc321 New Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone noticed that with the 2.2 update of the Incredible.. you continually have services/apps that turn themselves back on and drain your mem/batt? I can continually Kill 6-7 apps with doing NOTHING at all..... Any help on this would be awesome...

Advertisement
    Nancy721 likes this.
  2. yunger02

yunger02 New Member

I am having the same problem and do not know how to stop it...

3. jedikn1te

jedikn1te New Member

I have the same problem i noticed this morning, apps would keep restarting as soon as i killed them with Advanced task killer.

What i did to remedy this was go into settings - applications - manage applications - press on the "running" tab - then find the apps that keep popping up - press on the app - press "force stop."

I also turned off the "Background data" and "auto sync" options in the "Accounts and Sync" menu.

However, I noticed once i start up wifi or 3g, a few apps will startup, but once i kill them again, they don't start up anymore.

Hope this helps.

thelsdeffect likes this.
  4. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

Froyo deprecates task killers because people were using them, causing instability on their phones, then complaining about it. You don't need one. If you've got an app that's keeping your phone awake and draining the battery, then you've got a buggy app you need to deal with and a task killer is just bailing water from a boat that's got a hole in it.

5. Smash720

Smash720 New Member

I just got the OTA update on my phone this morning. My battery is already not lasting as long as it did before the update. Also, web browsing is infinitely slower than it was prior to the update. And it was lightning fast even with wi-fi turned off. Now it's pretty much worthless to even try to use the internet on my phone. Is anyone else having this problem?

6. Christopherc321

Christopherc321 New Member This Topic's Starter

The phone usually sucks without one! I you don't know how many people hate their Android phone without one..... There was NEVER any complaint with me and my ATK.... Now I am complaining cause 2.2 messed it up!

7. JWJr311

JWJr311 New Member

Try to re-program the roaming function to reset the battery drain. For Verizon, this is *228 then option 2. This really helped me.

8. Zypherius01

Zypherius01 New Member

From what I have been reading from a lot of post on forums, I came to understand that "Froyo" has a built in task killer. so using a task killer only makes the problem worse.The problem I was having was I would task kill and 1 second later 17 more apps were open. I thought it was cause stupid carrier preloaded Skype and all these services that have to constantly run and when I task killed they would restart sucking juice from the battery. I uninstalled my "advance task killer" and tried like a few people have done and let the new software do its job. I have noticed a LARGE improvement.Also I have started using the back button, rather then just tapping home, to get out of apps as that's now how "Froyo" kills the apps. Also i have noticed, on the Easter egg of holding down the home key, that there is a utility called Rosie utility. I am not certain for 100% but I think that might be the "Froyo" Task kill.
    Hope this help anyone out there that factory reset twice cause I didn't want to read [​IMG]
    I am on the Htc Incredible.
    Pickle!

9. mauiblue

mauiblue Well-Known Member

Love or hate it, I've got "Advance Task Manager" (paid version) and I don't mind it one bit. My batteries (standard OEM 1300 and two 2150 extended batteriers) are going to run flat sooner or later. I'll just put a fresh battery in and move on. Normally my Incredible will run about 12 hours and I'm good with that. I already paid for the app so might as well use it and it's not bothering me at all. BTW, I just got the update last night and it's all good. In fact the phone is running better than when I first got it. YMMV. Aloha and all the best!

10. thelsdeffect

thelsdeffect Member

I used the advice on the force close for keeping those pesky problems from needing to ATK'd every few minutes, which has so far worked. My question is that my Swype keyboard is still there but when I try to swype it just beeps at me and will only allow me to text the old fashioned way. I love my Swype, anyone know how to fix this?

11. EgoDogg

EgoDogg Well-Known Member

I just did it, and afterwards it said OTA Programming is complete, now restarting phone.

I never had to restart it before when doing that. I'll let you know if that changes anything. If it does, thanks for the tip JW