HTC Incredible 2 Unlocked OS UpdateSupport

Last Updated:

1. djkidd718

djkidd718 New Member

I have an unlocked HTC Droid Incredible 2 running T-Mobile USA with a GSM sim card.

When I go to Settings>Software Update>Check New it says Network Problem. Can anyone please tell me how to fix this?

2. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

I don't think you will be getting any OTA updates as long as you're on T-mobile. I think the updates come to the phone through Verizon's network, so a network error is all you'd get on any other network. T-mobile doesn't carry the phone, do they? So they wouldn't have updates for the software sent out.
    I would call T-mobile if you want to ask them. Their customer service was always top notch for me.
    You aren't rooted are you? Then you'd be the updater :)
  3. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

Yep, that's the downside of using an unlocked phone. No OTA updates for you. The only way to update your phone is by rooting it.
  4. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Well-Known Member

how do you update your phone if it's rooted? I didn't think you were supposed to install OTA updates from verizon is you were rooted.
  5. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

You update a rooted phone by installing new or different third party ROMs. Not by an OTA.
  6. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

Yeah, but be aware that not not all roms are "global"/gsm capable.
  7. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

Newt is working on getting GSM working. It's tough.
  8. mmmlamas

mmmlamas New Member

Can you get data from t mobile on this phone?
  9. dv5.x64

dv5.x64 New Member

I'd assume data works. I have 2g on iWireless. Finding good roms with gsm is tough.