.:HTC Incredible 2:. - WISH LIST - NOTHING OFFICIAL HERE!

Last Updated:

1. jayefef

jayefef Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT CLAIM TO HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE OF ANY HTC DEVICES RUMORED, REAL, COMING SOON, OR OTHERWISE. NONE. I DO NOT HAVE ANY INSIDE INFORMATION OR SOURCES. THE FOLLOWING IS PURELY SPECULATIVE AND WISHFUL THINKING AND SOLELY FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES. MODERATORS PLEASE DO WHAT YOU MUST. I MEAN NO HARM

I've thought about what an HTC Incredible 2 would be like and what features it should have. Here are few features that I would like to see implemented in the next iteration of this splendid device.

SCREEN
    4" - 4.1" - Definitely think this is the tipping point for superior pocketability, media viewing, browsing and typing
    Super AMOLED - Not sure of the technology here but it seems pretty sweet on the Galaxy S line.

OS
    Stock Android 3.0 - I like Sense but I really would like to try out Android without a skin. I think the way to go is to leave Android alone and just pack a bunch of OEM widgets to differentiate devices.
    -It would have to have Gingerbread even though I don't know anything it would do or improve. Due out in the 4Q of 2010.

CAMERA
    - 720p or dare they go for 1080p?
    - Something close to iPhone 4 quality. For all the iPhone's faults, the camera is pretty superior. HD recording.
    - Dedicated camera button - Long press for Camcorder, press for camera.

PROCESSOR
    - How about something in the 1.5 - 2 ghz range?

- A trackpad similar to the leaked G2 or what can be found on a new Blackberry. I think the optical "joy stick" is too sensitive.

- No need for a physical keyboard right?

I'm not too educated in other specs so I don't really know what other things that I know are missing that would make it awesome.

These are a few things I've thought of. How about you guys? What's missing? What would you like to see?

I'll edit and add to this post based on responses.

Advertisement
  2. jbh00jh

jbh00jh Well-Known Member

Sounds like a $900 phone.

3. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I like the idea of 4.0" screen, maybe with a super res display like the iphone 4 has. Bigger stock battery for sure. I personally love Sense, the main reason I chose this phone over one of the Moto phones. But if the UI improvements in Gingerbread are good enough, MAYBE I can do without. Definitely a better camera would be nice. As far as processor, as long as it is as snappy as mine is now, I am happy.

4. jlb0305

jlb0305 Well-Known Member

Snapdragon is going dual core at 1.5 ghz so here's my wish list.

Dual core snapdragon at 1.5 ghz
    1 gb ram
    16 gb internal storage
    16 or 32 GB microSD included
    1 gb app storage
    FM tuner
    Better cooling than current incredible
    3mp front camera
    10mp tear camera with dual led flash
    Higher resolution screen (size is ok, bigger is nice but evo feels huge because of it)
    Android 3.1 stock (gingerbread was already announced so I want newer.
    1080p recording with hdmi out via micro usb adapter (no need for extra ports)
    Built in print driver to print via wifi.
    LTE network with ability to use legacy verizon or att 3g and 2g. (signal everywhere worldwide)
    MicroSD access without removing back cover.

Oh and the ability to generate money from thin air. (lol)

My issue is that I can't get a new phone until dec 2011.

shawn487 likes this.
  5. Bing

Bing Well-Known Member

6. IveFancySSN

IveFancySSN Member

The next incredible should have a decent dock that charges and have the ability to listen to music without manually connecting 3.5mm wire....

How did they not have a such dock for this incredible... :(

7. shawn487

shawn487 Well-Known Member

It seems like just a year ago I made up my wish list about a phone I wanted and what I wanted on it. I heard about the Passion and all the other code names and got the Incredible. Right now the Incredible is just what I imagined it would be like since I now have the 2.2 update. But for a future phone I want a phone with the same form/size bigger better battery, better maybe larger screen, better camera, 1.5 dual core, plain or ui'ed gingerbread or greater and LTE, LTE, LTE, LTE, world phone

8. Marsden

Marsden Member

4G

9. Medion

Medion Well-Known Member

Firstly, I want the same form factor and location of ports as the current, thus making accessories compatible with both, and also giving accessory makers more incentive to support the brand. Also, don't call it the "Incredible 2," as most phones tend to fade out with numeric monikers. Instead, call it the "Incredible 4G" as it should be one of the first Verizon LTE phones. Also, I want it to be a global brand, IE, make a global GSM version of it. This way, again, more potential sales means more potential accessories.

In terms of specs, given that an annual release (IE, April/May 2011) would make sense, the best CPUs available then will be the OMAP4 4430, or the Snapdragon QSD 8672. I'd go with the Snapdragon in that case (don't let the current Snapdragon vs. OMAP debate fool you). However, I'd be ok with either.

As for the screen, since I want the same form factor, obviously, I'm sticking with a 3.7". If they go with an AMOLED, Super AMOLED won't be available (Samsung has claimed to keep it exclusive to their phones for at least a year). Due to this, I'd want them to go with a different supplier that doesn't use Pentile Matrix. I'd honestly prefer a higher quality LCD like the ones used on the Droid/Milestone variants. Not the under-saturated garbage on the Iphone 4, or the 16-bit crap on Sony's Xperia.

In terms of RAM, it will be whatever the "high-end" amount is around then. I don't see it being 1GB yet, so it will either be 512 or 768MB. Either is fine.

And as far as external features, a front-facing cam would be nice, but it's not something I'd use. So basically, just keep the current phone and form factor, and give it proper 2011 specs.

10. Sler

Sler Member

Dude.... I just want to get the original incredible, we dont even have it up here in canada..

11. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

really the wish list threads can just be condensed usually into WHAT WOULD YOU WANT FROM A FUTURE ANDROID phone instead of evo 2, dx2, incredible 2, etc

having said that mine (geneeral android phone) would include
    4.3 - 4.5 inch screen w/ gorilla glass and at least 720p resolution
    no samoled (battery life)
    battery life ala the dx
    either snapdragon or omap dual core of at least 1.5 ghz
    stock android 3.0 or at the worst sense (no blur or touchwiz)
    swype w/4 or 5 preoloaded color schemes
    8-12 gb internal storage and 32gb sd support
    1 gb ram (assuming android 3.0 could use it all)
    fully functional hdmi port
    dual 3g/lte
    802.11 n
    kickstand
    8mp camera with 720p recording

unlocked bootloader