• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Incredible and Asus Slider... tethering?

Hey folks. I'm a bit confused about this tethering thing.

I just got an Asus Eee Pad Slider (stock), and I'd like to tether it to the 3G on my HTC Droid Incredible (rooted).

The Incredible is on Verizon of course. Do I get charged for tethering? When I go into Settings ---> Wireless and Networks ---> 3G Mobile Hotspot and turn it on, it gives me a notification says:
"You need the 3g Mobile Hotspot feature from Verizon Wireless in order to use this service. While the 3G Mobile Hotspot is active, on-device applications will continue to work and use the 3G Mobile Hotspot data feature allowance."

Do I have to buy a service to tether?

How do I actually go about tethering?

Hey folks. I'm a bit confused about this tethering thing.

I just got an Asus Eee Pad Slider (stock), and I'd like to tether it to the 3G on my HTC Droid Incredible (rooted).

The Incredible is on Verizon of course. Do I get charged for tethering? When I go into Settings ---> Wireless and Networks ---> 3G Mobile Hotspot and turn it on, it gives me a notification says:
"You need the 3g Mobile Hotspot feature from Verizon Wireless in order to use this service. While the 3G Mobile Hotspot is active, on-device applications will continue to work and use the 3G Mobile Hotspot data feature allowance."

Do I have to buy a service to tether?

How do I actually go about tethering?

To tether legally(without violating the terms of your contract) you need to pay for the service.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones