HTC Incredible BatteryAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Chopes

Chopes Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey,

I saw that the HTC Incredible is rumored to have a 1300mAh battery, would the 1600mAh battery that is available from 3rd parties for the Nexus One be of the same form factor that it would be usable with this phone to get some extra battery life (assuming we can get the back cover off).

Advertisement
  2. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

The Nexus One battery looks more square and the Incredible battery looks more rectangle... I don't know...

3. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member

I read it was 1300mAh (from the listed specs above in this forum).

4. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

Yes, it comes with a 1300mAh.

5. KootRoc

KootRoc Member

I would still want an extended battery if possible... and if it didn't look fugly.

6. Flaring Afro

Flaring Afro Well-Known Member

I've read reviews that the 3rd party ones get less or no more battery life. They probably are overrated.

7. Chopes

Chopes Active Member This Topic's Starter

People who are writing those reviews haven't been charging the battery for a week. You won't hit peak performance for a little bit after you install it as it has to maximize its capacity so I put those reviews off to user error as I had a similar situation and 200mAh was noticeable after the battery was ready to go.

I hope they use the same battery...

8. Flaring Afro

Flaring Afro Well-Known Member

No they said they had it for over a month and followed the directions that came with it. Depending on how they measure it they could fudge the numbers to make it seem the battery is better than it really is, or the batteries might not be made as well for a daily use and charge application like phones.

9. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Im sure another phones battery will work with the incredible such as the imagio battery working in the eris. Not sure though guess we will find out once it is released.

10. hornyhippo

hornyhippo Well-Known Member

stated from the manual, the talk time and standby time is way less than nexus one and the droid. definitly consider getting a bigger battery.

11. Ty07allstar

Ty07allstar Well-Known Member

Will the Seidio 1750 battery that I have for my Droid Eris fit in the Incredible if I were to get the Incredible?

12. XxICEMAN720xX

XxICEMAN720xX Well-Known Member

13. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

I'm really hoping it will, as I have 2 1500 batteries for my Eris, it would be fantastic if they were compatable

14. wonderbread

wonderbread Well-Known Member

Launch kit says they are coming out with a 2150mAh battery shortly after launch with a replacement back cover. I wouldn't bet on batteries from other devices being compatible

15. ChiTownJim

I highly doubt it will but it woould be a nice little surprise if my Eris batteries did work in the Incredible

16. wonderbread

wonderbread Well-Known Member

How do you go about charging the spare battery while the other is in the Eris?

17. ChiTownJim

I purchused a combo of 2 1500mah batteries and a charger the charger has a spot to put one battery and then a USB port to plug the phone into. I haven't used the USB portion as I just use my normal charger (actually my curve charger) to charge my phone but works really well. 90% of the time my battery still has 20-40% left on my charge by the end of the day but it's nice to have 2 fully charged spares just in case. Have come in hand twice.. Plus I hate having my phone plugged in while I'm driving (weird I know) I usually run music so I don't like two wires pluged into my phone makes it difficult to handle. So now I am a little wreckless with my usage knowing I don't have to worry about charging as I have spares. I now never turn 3g or gps off

ohh and the 2 batteries with chager were $15 shipped on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/2x-BATTERY-DESK...wItemQQptZPDA_Accessories?hash=item3efe2ae272
    Guess now they're $14

18. booser4

booser4 Well-Known Member

Many people, including me, probably wont want to put a larger back cover on. I'm really hoping they release a better spec battery that still fits with the stock back cover quickly. Like Seido has the 1600 ones that still fit with the stock N1 cover. Hopefully they release the same or even better for the Incredible, and quickly.

Is there a way to send suggestions like that to Seido, or do you gotta just wait?

19. Droidboy850

Droidboy850 Well-Known Member

The eris and incredible battery are the exact same battery.

20. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Might want to check the article at batteryboss.org i know i won't be buying any more seidio batteries from this point forward. They are overpriced and under perform even the stock batteries included with the phone.

21. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

This is what im waiting for, and why i'm not ordering a case yet! It will be nice to have the same style back, hopefully it doesn't add a bunch of thickness.

22. Droidboy850

Droidboy850 Well-Known Member

I disagree. The people who test those batteries aren't using broken in batteries. I had a seido extended battery in my blackberry and it was a noticeable difference.

23. kevin49er

kevin49er Member

Do you have something to substantiate that? You have said it in at least two different threads now.

I also noticed that you posted that your Inc was just shipped... and you are expecting it mid-week.

Not trying to be negative, but there is far too much unsubstantiated info being passed on these boards...

24. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

:D if true.

About my 1750mah Seido ext battery experience....it is much longer lasting (~30%) than my oem eris battery...it was well worth $50.

25. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Well-Known Member