HTC Incredible & Bluetooth ConnectivitySupport

1. JoeCubicle

JoeCubicle New Member

I'll try to keep it short and sweet.

Have a 'Rocketfish' Bluetooth (BT) adapter installed on my laptop. It is working properly with other BT devices.

I CANNOT get my HTC Incredible to connect "Pair" with my laptop to save my life.

My laptop will NOT find or discover my phone when it is in it's 90 second discovery mode.

My phone DOES find my laptop, I try to Pair, my laptop BT adapter pops up a message bubble telling me a device is looking to Pair, I then click the bubble to accept.

My phone has a message window telling me the PIN/Passkey from the laptop BT adapter is: 987654 or something (it's always different).

I accept the code, wait... and then the error message "... no pairing due to Incorrect PIN or Passkey".

There is no place to 'Set' the Passkey on either device.

Is there a problem with the Incredible and BT connectivity?

I'll just keep using the cable to transfer.

Thanks in advance,
    Pat

Advertisement
    :
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Your challenge is most likely Bluetooth profile related. Both the DINC and the BT adapter are going to want to act like Bluetooth hosts In order for them to pair you'll need to find a Bluetooth profile that'll allow both to communicate (ie., FTP).

What is your goal once you pair the two devices? Do you want to transfer files? Tether?
  3. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

I thought the password was always all zeros.
  4. antros48

antros48 Member

hey guys.
    i have a similar problem while trying to connect my gsm hero with my mercedes. in my case the message is "authentication failed". i guess its a profile manner, but do you know how do i change my phone bluetooth profile??