HTC Incredible dead batterySupport

Last Updated:

1. Tedgall

Tedgall Member This Topic's Starter

Hi. Anyone else get an Incredible through the mail from Verizon that arrived with a dead battery? And by "dead" I mean that it will not take a charge. Mine arrived yesterday. I plugged in the battery and started to get to know the phone. After 10 minutes or so, I got the "plug in" message. Well, by the time I got the charger cord ready, the phone had shut off. That was 18 hours ago. It's been on the AC charger since then, but the phone will not power on. I'm HOPING it's the battery. Anyone else had that experience?

Advertisement
  2. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

Welcome to the forums! :D

I moved your post to the Incredible's troubleshooting subforum, where you're most likely to get some help! Don't worry about that. ;)

3. RustyNail

RustyNail Well-Known Member

Is the "charging" light illuminated? Have you tried removing / reinstalling the battery?

4. Tedgall

Rusty Nail -

No charging light and yes I've removed the battery for up to a minute. Still nothing.

5. RustyNail

RustyNail Well-Known Member

That sucks. You could try chargin via USB. If this works, then the problem is likely with the A/C adapter.

Otherwise, I would take the phone & battery to the nearest VZN store to see if they can assist you.

6. Tedgall

Thanks for the usb advice, Rusty. I hadn't thought of that, but it doesn't seem to work, either. VZN sending a battery tomorrow (no one around where I live had one). If that isn't it . . . well, they're gonna be sending me a new phone.

7. md10304

md10304 New Member

I have the same problem, I charged my phone overnight and in the morning the phone would not turn on.:mad: The amber light was flashing and not steady on like its suppose to be. I had an extended battery (htc 1500)that I had ordered and I put it in the phone used it for a day and the next day I got another dead battery.
    Big red is sending me a certified used replacement today. Do not turn on your phone when you get your new battery, I did the same thing and I dont know if that had anything to do with it.

8. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

That has nothing to do with it. As soon as I got my phone in the mail, I started charging it an playing with it yet my battery is still fine. Seems like you just had some bad luck.

9. Tedgall

Got a replacement battery from VZN - no change. Phone still completely unresponsive to anything, even the phone buttons factory reset in the manual. second battery did heat up on the charger, but nothing from the phone. Before it died I had synced to my gmail, sent a couple of sms, and downloaded Pandora and Scoremobile from the market. So I guess the phone's going back now. Frustrating. Any other thoughts?

10. italiasix

italiasix New Member

I too had the same issue. I received my Incredible from Verizon via UPS. The battery never worked correctly. It took about one week before it would not hold a charge. Verizon ordered me a new battery and that new battery just died yesterday (lasted about one month). I am now on my third battery from Verizon. If this battery ends up like the first two I am requesting a new phone. Has anyone else had similar issues?

11. inbred1

inbred1 New Member

Received my Incredible ... it was DOA!

No amber light, nothing.
    VZW sent replacement battery. Worked fine for 3 weeks then woke-up one day to same problem. Now I am on month long wait list for new phone! Can't imagine what my phone is doing to kill batteries.

Of course with my luck I may have received two defective batteries!

12. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Did you actually go into a verizon store? They will usually try a different battery to rule that out. Could be a faulty charger or voltage regulator in the phone itself.

13. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

(Edit) Nevermind.. Just building the post count :)

14. AusLoX

AusLoX New Member

just got my Incredible 5 days ago after waiting a month. Same thing happened to me. Wouldn't turn on and then it wont charge. Says the charger is invalid when its the one they sent with the phone. Ive reset the phone and plugged it into USB. Ive even taken the battery out and got it to charge once. Ordered a new one so lame...Its gonna take 3 weeks to get a new one and i had to pay upfront $350 after tax and all. My rebate hasn't even shown up.