HTC Incredible - Dont know how to roll back to 2.1 or custom 2.2Support

Last Updated:

1. abomb00

abomb00 New Member This Topic's Starter

Have an Incredible, was running stock 2.1, non rooted. Heard there was a manual Froyo ROM and I updated the phone and it worked great. Here is my problem, I HATE FROYO. Its got all this bloatware that I cannot kill/uninstall, and it is driving my battery into the ground. I want things back to what they were, or at least install a custom froyo without the bloatware, and am having no luck. I tried to install the SkyRaider Sense Rom 2.5.2 but at the recovery panel, I keep getting a Signature Verification Failed error. I am not making the .zip.zip mistake. I'd like to try this ROM, or just simply go back to 2.1, but don't know how. Again, I am not rooted, not a su, and am an afficiando and not a programmer so I don't understand all the lingo being used on the other threads to be honest. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. Not interested in rooting. Would just like a phone with some cool features minus the SkypeMobile, AmazonMP3, Flickr, News and Weather ETC ETC ETC bloatware. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. redlegend

redlegend Active Member

There's a guide on how to revert to stock 2.1 on XDA. The guide has also been posted on a blog, "andriod zei" or something like that. Pretty easy step by step instructions. I'm not much of a programmer myself, but it's pretty straightforward. Of course from stock 2.1 you can do whatever you'd like - root, custom rom, etc

3. DevHead

DevHead Well-Known Member

Hmm, I'd like to roll back too. I have to look into this.