• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Incredible for a long road trip?

dalejs

Lurker
May 12, 2010
Hi, I am trying to figure out if the HTC Incredible will work for me.

I work from home and I am thinking about taking a cross country road trip. I need to be able to take phone calls and respond to emails (using gmail) for work when I am on the road. I also want to tether it to my laptop and work from there. I was told to use easytether or pdanet.

I am leaning towards Verizon because of their supposedly large coverage area.

But I have been hearing about problems with reception on the Incredible, and that is the most important part for me. Can anyone give some advice?

I'm not dead set on verizon or the incredible, I just need a smartphone that can use gmail, open pdfs, edit word docs and spreadsheets, has the best coverage/reception around the US, and can give me internet on my laptop. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones