• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories HTC Incredible horizontal desktop charger w. battery slot

Got it today. Plugged my Incredible into it and immediately got the "choose language" screen. After that, my Verizon program gave me the "data" notification that it does on a wiped phone. All apps installed to SD Card were removed. NFS Shift And Sims 3 (which download data to the SD card) were corrupted and wouldn't launch. Had to uninstall those. My mail (not GMAIL) settings got corrupted, had to change those.

Currently trying to get everything working properly, then will try the stand again. Hopefully, this was just a freak accident.

Upvote 0
Got it today. Plugged my Incredible into it and immediately got the "choose language" screen. After that, my Verizon program gave me the "data" notification that it does on a wiped phone. All apps installed to SD Card were removed. NFS Shift And Sims 3 (which download data to the SD card) were corrupted and wouldn't launch. Had to uninstall those. My mail (not GMAIL) settings got corrupted, had to change those.

Currently trying to get everything working properly, then will try the stand again. Hopefully, this was just a freak accident.

Keep us posted. Mine is supposed to arrive on Thursday.

Upvote 0
Here it is

IMAG0210.jpg

Upvote 0

Wanted to followup on this as definitely concerned some people. I want to state right now that I can not fault the dock for doing this. It was likely my fault. Right after removing it from the dock, I decided to do a battery switch. I typically perform a shutdown, then after the phone vibrates, I count to 5 before removing the battery. The error that I had is one that is usually attributed to removing the battery during a shutdown improperly. I think that is what I did, accidentally rushed it.

The dock has worked flawlessly since then, so I wanted to make sure that I clarified this and was not slandering the company or the product. It was more than likely user error on the part of an excited person.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones