• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Incredible - is it the best choice from Verizon?

OP,

Like some of the others, I have played with all of the VZW smartphones that are out right now and when it comes to user experience I find the Incredible to be the most balanced of all of them.

You can find bigger screens, better camera, better battery, etc...but the Incredible is well balanced! That said, if you can, wait a couple of weeks and see what the holiday season brings in terms of new releases!

Bottom line and gun to my head? I'd still choose the Incredible!

Upvote 0
OP,

Like some of the others, I have played with all of the VZW smartphones that are out right now and when it comes to user experience I find the Incredible to be the most balanced of all of them.

You can find bigger screens, better camera, better battery, etc...but the Incredible is well balanced! That said, if you can, wait a couple of weeks and see what the holiday season brings in terms of new releases!

Bottom line and gun to my head? I'd still choose the Incredible!

Especially considering the great deals you can find right now.

Upvote 0
there really is no evidence to what this "cap" is limited to if anything. I have not once had any issue with dropbox, email, dolphin etc.

Matt, try your factory HTC Email app, the evidence is right there on the phone...

PS> I've been through 2 replacement Droid Incredibles the week, they both were plagued with the problem..before being offered a Fascinate as a exchange due to the email issue being a known issue now with the level 2 Tech.

Upvote 0
I can do it too. Just emailed a 42 mb video to myself. go to the gmail website in the browser and upload it there. i used dolphin with the user agent set to desktop.

FYI, the HTC email wasn't used in your test, making It irrelevant... I wasn't talking about dolphin or the web browser. The problem is with the factory email app since the Nov. OTA "update".....:eek:

Upvote 0
I love the Inc so far and spent a lot of time playing with the other Verizon phones. My only real complaint is with the email app. But not the size limitation (that isn't even important to me). My beef is it's poor support for GMail (no push, doesn't handle deletes or sent items properly). So I ended up just using the GMail app instead, which I am very happy with. But that still leaves my Exchange access in the HTC Mail app (since GMail doesn't support ActiveSync).

Upvote 0
Got an email from verizon about a private sale so I went in last night and looked at my options. I was mulling back and forth between an Incredible and the Samsung Fascinate/Continuum. I came home with an Incredible.
I know that there are new phones coming out 4th quarter but the Incredible was a good price on the private sale so I took the bait.

Reactions: howarmat
Upvote 0
Got an email from verizon about a private sale so I went in last night and looked at my options. I was mulling back and forth between an Incredible and the Samsung Fascinate/Continuum. I came home with an Incredible.
I know that there are new phones coming out 4th quarter but the Incredible was a good price on the private sale so I took the bait.
you will be happy you did!

Upvote 0
yeah that's the best choice!
smile.gif

Upvote 0
I do love my Incredible. I've come from an HTC Eris. which is why I chose Incredible over the X. but with the new Droid Pro. I would highly consider that phone first. I haven't personally held it in hands but if the build quality is higher than the Incredible I'd go that route. With root you can delete crap apps and launcher pro takes care of the rest. I would only use it as a back up as I LOVE htc sense.

Upvote 0
KB3MMX = biggest troll ever.

I mean c'mon, battery efficiency better for an EMAIL APP?! LOLOLOLOL

K9 is superior to the stock app, this guys a freakin jokester :rolleyes:

I disagree. At least for me, K-9 isn't really an option, though I wish it was. While K-9 can connect to Exchange, it does so via WebDav. Using that, I would lose ActiveSync (and therefore Calendar & Contact Syncing). Not only that, but WebDav is gone in Exchange 2010. We're lucky it still works for Exchange 2007, as it was originally going to go in that release.

If the stock email app did push gmail, and handled gmail deletes and sends correctly, I would still be using it most likely. I really like the Gmail app, I just dislike having to have multiple email apps.

Now... I deal in large file transfers everyday (though not from my Android). I've never used email to do it. But he does... did... and is pissed that all of a sudden he can't. I would be irked too. It does raise the question about how one is supposed to share a video with someone short of connecting a USB cable and copying it off. With that said... none of the email servers I use (including gmail) will accept really large attachments anyway. I think gmail is limited to 25mb. My corporate server is much smaller.

Upvote 0
I disagree. At least for me, K-9 isn't really an option, though I wish it was. While K-9 can connect to Exchange, it does so via WebDav. Using that, I would lose ActiveSync (and therefore Calendar & Contact Syncing). Not only that, but WebDav is gone in Exchange 2010. We're lucky it still works for Exchange 2007, as it was originally going to go in that release.

If the stock email app did push gmail, and handled gmail deletes and sends correctly, I would still be using it most likely. I really like the Gmail app, I just dislike having to have multiple email apps.

Now... I deal in large file transfers everyday (though not from my Android). I've never used email to do it. But he does... did... and is pissed that all of a sudden he can't. I would be irked too. It does raise the question about how one is supposed to share a video with someone short of connecting a USB cable and copying it off. With that said... none of the email servers I use (including gmail) will accept really large attachments anyway. I think gmail is limited to 25mb. My corporate server is much smaller.

K9 might have a weakness where Exchange is concerned but for most people, it is a far superior app in every other way from the stock app. The thing you missed is that this guy posts in EVERY thread about his email complaint. When asked why he wont use K9, he goes into different replies on form, battery, and feel and really has no reason HE cannot use K9.

I have 5 email accts set in K9 plus I use Pure messenger for K9. it works so well and has no problem with the update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones