HTC Incredible: Removing Headphones Freaks Phone OutSupport

Last Updated:

1. KSWellmann

KSWellmann New Member This Topic's Starter

I was hoping maybe someone else had this problem and could help.

On my way to work I use the headphones attached to my Incredible to listen to iHeartRadio/Padora, etc. Once I get to work I make sure I kill the applications that I am not using, including the music applications. Once they are killed I remove the headphones from the phone. The problem is that once I remove the headphones, the music application automatically starts and plays over the speaker on the phone eventhough the applications were killed before I disconnect the headphones. The only way to stop the music from playing is to task kill it again after I disconnect the headphones.

Background: I am using the headphones supplied by the Blackberry Storm that have the microphone.

Is anyone else having this problem? Help!!!!

Advertisement
  2. EM30996

EM30996 Active Member

the microphone is probably triggering a false voice command.. i used cheap cables from radio shack and it does the same thing.. better cables, not a problem since

3. Asterdroid

Asterdroid Well-Known Member

Lots of people are having the same/similar issue. The phone seems to have issues with music streaming in conjunction with microphone connectivity, or cables that it sees as having a microphone.

4. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

I use Pandora and it automatically pauses when a headset is connected/disconnected. bPlayer does this as well.