General Htc incredible replacement keyboard

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Agent229, May 5, 2010.

1. Agent229

Agent229 Active Member

Jan 21, 2010
    I bought Better Keyboard and have downloaded smart keyboard but none work with the incredible. I got fat thumbs and often mistype on text messages. I am comming from the droid and dont regret it just because of this one hiccup. Any suggestions ? Thanks guys !

Advertisement
  2. Bundy

Bundy Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Get those thumbs some exercise? Maybe take up thumb wrestling?

Oh...you mean suggestions for the keyboard...I got nothin'.

3. AlexNC

AlexNC Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    I use Swype in portrait view for 100% of my texting. I use my pointer finger for typing/swyping. Give it a try, it's free. There is a thread somewhere around here with the download link/directions. FYI - I can type MUCH faster with Swype in portrait view than I can with a soft or hard keyboard in landscape view. It is an amazing software.

4. The Antagonist

The Antagonist Active Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Better keyboard works with the incredible...what problem are you having with it?

5. Agent229

Agent229 Active Member

Jan 21, 2010
    I had issues with better keyboard as far as being able to choose it as the default.I would check it and then when i went to send a text the default keyboard was still in use. Any thoughts on this Swype crazy I been seeing. I hate the thought of installing a 3rd party file to my phone but i need a change. And lol @ the thumb wrestling mabey I can challenge Lincon Hawk to a match.

6. crimton

crimton Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2010
    TN
    lincoln hawk lol. i always hated the little kid in that movie. one of his worst films for sure.

7. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    ChiTown
    any news/update on if/when swype will become "official" for android users? like officially in the android market?

8. MooN

MooN Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2010
    I've installed Swype last night, the black version with the red light up option. It's pretty sweet, I just need to get used to swyping vs pecking.

9. sunthas

sunthas Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    Coming from a BB Pearl which has a 4x4 keyboard I got pretty good at typing with XT9 or whatever BB equivalent is along with adaptive text. Found out I could use that on the DI in portrait mode and then it switched to full QWERTY in landscape mode. Thats pretty good solution for me. Although I would like a better portrait keyboard, I'll take this for now.

10. Ovreagr

Ovreagr Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    NC
  11. CarlGustav

CarlGustav Member

May 1, 2010
    Do you have a link to this version? Mine is a fugly blue color and doesnt match anything.

12. boomerhawk

boomerhawk New Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Try holding down on the input box and then a popup will show with some options. One of them is Input Method. Tap that and then select the keyboard of your choice. Even after setting Swype as my default I had to do this before it started showing up all the time.