HTC Incredible replacementGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Dr3amWif3y

Dr3amWif3y Member This Topic's Starter

I've heard a lot of people are sending their incredibles back to VZW to replace them w| a new one due to some type of issue. What are the reasons you are sending your phone back to VZW? I'm curious because I'll be receiving my BRAND NEW phone in the next few weeks, and I'd like to know if I should keep my eye open for any possible issues I may run into.

Advertisement
  2. mb236

mb236 Well-Known Member

It isn't good to take this approach. Hearing about things happening to other people's units will cause you to think they are happening to you. I do believe the vast majority of Incredible owners are pleased with the device. It is a very solid device, and when you get your phone, you should enjoy it and not worry about what might be wrong with it.

The only issues you might really watch out for, is if it reboots on its own, or the screens control themselves. Other than that, don't obsess and just rock your Incredible proudly

GrandMasterB and Dr3amWif3y like this.
  3. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

So you are saying you sent your phone in, because other ppl are have probs. with theres lol thats stupid...

4. Dr3amWif3y

Dr3amWif3y Member This Topic's Starter

uh no... i didnt even get my phone yet... i was just wondering what problems people were having with theirs... maybe you should really READ the post next time

WizeGuyDezignz likes this.
  5. MooN

MooN Well-Known Member

I was having an issue where calls would come in, but I could not hear anything. When I answered the phone, it was connected but dead silent. This happened randomly and happened a lot. Also, call quality was not good. Voices were muffled, and would cut in and out.

Dr3amWif3y likes this.
  6. pfletcher229648

pfletcher229648 New Member

I've asked for a replacement for two reasons:
    1. The sound from phone calls, music and anything else hat produced sound went away after having the phone for 10 days. However sound would still come through my bluetooth. After multiple reboots, battery pulls and hard resets the problem wouldn't go away. Then out of the blue the sound started working yesterday, seven days after it quit, no rhyme or reason that I could figure out.

2. After charging the phone all night and having a full charge and with no bluetooth, wifi or any other apparent thing running, the battery went from full charge to nothing in 2 hours. This is common for me and my battery, it's been getting worse over the past week. Even with my device turned off, not sleeping, but turned off, the battery runs out quickly in less than a half day. Most probably a bad batter.

I had to fall back to my blackberry curve.

Love the Incredible and can't wait for my new phone, I just happen to get one with issues. I don't think there is a system wide issue, if so you would hear about it.

Enjoy your new phone

Dr3amWif3y likes this.
  7. Spicard

Spicard Member

I agree woth mb236 completely. hearing bad, or even good reports frompeople may give you the wrong idea about a device, best to test it out yourself, but as always be prepared with a backup plan.
    I've heard of only one thing that are making people want to return the phone, and I am looking out for this thing on my phone as well, but so far so good. may just be that people got carried away and worried after hearing about one bad report.

8. jimmydee

jimmydee Active Member

My advice is if your waiting for yours which means you have already bought it get it and test it out. If you haven't ordered it look for the pros and cons listed all over the internet and read the reviews posted so you can get a good idea of what your gettiing.

9. Reddog80p

Reddog80p Well-Known Member

Solid info. There's like 3000 posts regarding supposed issues. Use the search bar. No need to open another thread.

10. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

THIS^^

All your doing is setting yourself up to try to find something wrong with it. If I were you I would steer clear of these forums until after you receive the device. Just saying....

11. GeeDub29

GeeDub29 Well-Known Member

Let me start by saying the Incredible is an awesome phone with a lot of potential. Unfortunately, I had a very serious problem with it and had to return the phone on Thursday. Here's the story: I have a 2009 Ford F150 Lariat with the SYNC system. When I connected the Incredible to SYNC via bluetooth, everything worked fine for a couple of days. Then I noticed my rear camera wouldn't work when I reversed (the truck has a camera in the back that shows up on a screen in the dash). I said 'hmm that's weird' and thought nothing of it. Then I noticed my A/C didn't work. Again, I thought it was odd and got a little more concerned. Finally, after a 3 hour drive I tried to clear the bugs off my windshield. No dice. Windshield wipers wouldn't work. I can deal with the other two, but not the windshield wipers. That's serious.

Experiment: Keep in mind, I have had the Incredible about 3 weeks. I never had a problem with my old phone and my truck. So after these 3 things failed, I turned the bluetooth off on the phone and coincidently enough everything worked properly in the truck. Then I take the truck to the Ford dealer and they run a test on the main computer. 15 error codes came up. So to make a long story short, HTC and Ford tell me they have never seen anything like it before and don't know what to do. They both agree that the phone is probably overheating the truck's computer and causing it to draw power from other things in the truck. So I said screw it and returned the phone. It's a shame, I really liked it. But until they can fix the bluetooth issues (I've heard other people complain also) I'm fine with my old phone. So fellow Incredible users, please be careful if you are using the phone with SYNC. You might not be able to use your wipers the next time it rains.

12. Reddog80p

Reddog80p Well-Known Member

You better hope it's a DI problem not a Ford issue. I would try another device that's capable and see if the same results exist.

13. ezegm

ezegm Well-Known Member

so if theres a problem with the phone I have to call Verizon or go to a store.lately I have been getting problems with mine.now I'm checking the forums too but I want my question answered-I call them or go to a store?